• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Haven't had durian for almost a year because of the ridiculous price but today....

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...12 boxes for $30 ! 3 boxes bad but still good bargain overall for a cheapskate like limpeh. Oversupply in SG izzit ?

PXL_20221119_200947543.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
12 boxes for $30.........................don't tell me the Tiongs figured out a way to make fake durian ?

1) Tiongs developed a taste for durian.

2) Tiongs influenced the cultivation of durians in SE Asia, I suspect chemicals or genetic modification involved.

3) Years of bumper harvests, many durians exported to China.

4) Now Tiongs have no money to import durians, the surplus ones come here.

---

I still remember durians could only be eaten during durian season, around the middle of the year. You literally had to wait a year to be able to eat durians.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I still remember durians could only be eaten during durian season, around the middle of the year. You literally had to wait a year to be able to eat durians.
The durians in johore and some other parts in kuala kangsar ripen around october if i am not mistaken.

searcher1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoided this fruit not because i dont enjoy its taste ... Its because of how durian was traded
You notice many pop-up durian stalls operated by Ah Beng .... they are not your usual fruit seller
They exploited this trade, work a few months, rip off a lot of money from durian-lovers
They are not to be trusted, sell mediocre quality, bluff you as premium product

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try loitering @The durian stalls during closing time, the good MSW ones @$30 per box, u can get it for 3 boxes @$50...Super thick rich bitter sweet creamy pulp, really worth it!