• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have some respect for Wijaja: Time for healing not blaming

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
While I am no personal friend of the Indonesian student who stabbed his NTU Professor before plunging to his death and neither I do condone his act, I felt compelled to speak out against the apparent myths propagated by the mainstream media to attribute the blame for the tragedy entirely on the deceased.

There are always two sides of the story and in this case, we have only heard the story from the professor and eye-witnesses. David Widjaja is no long around to verify them.

In the aftermath of the stabbing, the mainstream media has been trying desperately hard to exonerate NTU from any blame. From the reports published so far, it appeared that they are trying to mislead readers into believing the following wild speculations:

1. David Widjaja is a loner with few friends in school. He kept to himself and did not confide his problems with others. It is impossible for NTU to detect any signs of trouble in this young man.

2. David Widjaja is an avid computer gamer who spent hours playing WOW3 which caused his grades to slip. He has only himself to blame that his ASEAN scholarship was withdrawn.

3. As he cannot accept the bitter truth that he had missed out on his honors because of his final year project, he snapped and take it out on his Professor.

The above train of thought adopted by the mainstream media is completely one-sided, juvenile and ludicrous, stretching one’s imagination to its limits.

A precious, young life is lost. Why is there a need to delve into the deceased’s past and perpetuate all kinds of unsubstantiated speculations about his character and motives behind the attack ? Will it bring him back to life ?

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=5887

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know him and I don't bother, even if I may be a student or employee in NTU (i'm not). unless you got something to gain or lose from his death, there is NO time to be expended for any healing or blaming or finger pointing or whatever.

unless you took out a death insurance policy on his life, i don't see any reason for you and anyone else to be so concerned about his death.

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know him and I don't bother, even if I may be a student or employee in NTU (i'm not). unless you got something to gain or lose from his death, there is NO time to be expended for any healing or blaming or finger pointing or whatever.

unless you took out a death insurance policy on his life, i don't see any reason for you and anyone else to be so concerned about his death.

just like those idiots who doesn't know Lo Hwei Yen personally, but went to 'pay tribute' to her at her wake .... i never understand the fcuk mentality of these people :mad:

there are people who die tragically in S'pore everyday (of accidents, of illness), but you don't see these same group of lan chiao lang going to 'pay tribute' :confused: