• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

H1N1 Test Costs $214! $270B Lost With NO REGRET!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>June 27, 2009
H1N1 TESTING
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Why should being responsible cost $214?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->WHAT is the rationale behind the charges for Influenza A (H1N1) testing by the health authori-ties?
Singaporeans and foreign visitors who
experience flu-like symptoms have come forward responsibly and, in many cases voluntarily, to be tested in an effort to contain the spread of H1N1 virus in the community, yet they are slapped with hospital charges.
On June 11, I called the 993 hotline after experiencing flu-like symptoms, especially since I had recently arrived from abroad.
I did so even though I had completed the seven-day waiting period.
The operator advised me to go immediately for H1N1 testing and sent an ambulance to take me in. While at the Communicable Disease Centre, I was told I needed to be warded overnight while waiting for my test results.�
The next day, my test results were found to be negative and I was allowed to return home, but not before I was slapped with a bill for $214.05.
Billing items included room charges, treatment fees, investigations, X-ray and lab fees, and medication.
It would be good to know the rationale of the Ministry of Health for imposing these charges to�ascertain my (negative) H1N1 status.
I would have preferred not to be warded but was given no choice and now have to pay the overnight room charges.
Also, why are all suspected H1N1 cases made to pay the laboratory fee of $60?
Daphne K. Teo (Ms)

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is spreading fast and furious,hopefully the vaccine can be out soon.
and we can get it cheap and fast else not only the economic will be affected,even our daily life will also.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
H1N1 is just like any other flu, it doesn't kill..those who died had a pre-existing ailment with weaken immunity...they should just let the virus spread round the community and out run its life span...

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
This comes at a good timing. On one hand, if we refuse treatment for infectious disease, we may be charged, fine or jailed. But when we be socially conscious, we have to pay for it.

No wonder sinkies rather lie about their health status. The PAP dogs can blame no one for the spread. :mad:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The next big thing is to follow USA and make Singapore into a police state and force vaccination just like USA !

Selling vaccinations to wooden Singaporeans !

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This comes at a good timing. On one hand, if we refuse treatment for infectious disease, we may be charged, fine or jailed. But when we be socially conscious, we have to pay for it.

No wonder sinkies rather lie about their health status. The PAP dogs can blame no one for the spread. :mad:

Better to die than to fall sick in Leelaland?

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have H1N1 with Fever.

and I just make a round trip in the MRT around the little island,
cough infront of FTs, I make sure it spread fast !! hehehehhe!

oop, I forget I did not take my IMH medicine today.