• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greedy PAPee Dogs Cut Down Yew Tee Trees to Make $$$

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>In the Heartlands
Posted on 17 Aug, 2009 13:04
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Truth out about chopping of Yew Tee trees: It was to make way for pasar malam

STOMPer Ang Kong Kia believes that the palms trees in Yew Tee were chopped down to make way for the pasar malam, despite the explanation by the Hong Kah Town Council. Seven palm trees were removed from the hard court.

The town council had explained that they were taking a long term view of the future use of the hardcourt and condition of the trees, before removing them.

In the STOMPer's email:

"The area was designed to accommodate the royal palm trees with special drainage.

"If not for the pasar malam tents which affected the growth of the trees, the trees would have been grown to the same height of remaining 3 palm trees near to the roof of MRT station and other palm trees next to the nearby HDB block.

"The truth about cutting down the trees is to allow pasar malam operator to erect the tents for pasar malam.

"A pasar malam was immediately held as soon as the trees were gone and the area retiled. The place of the trees were covered with tiles while the drainage for the trees remained."

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript src="http://www.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/_lytebox/lytebox.js"></SCRIPT>
Posted on 13 Jun, 2009 10:25
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>F-minus rating to Hong Kah Town Council for chopping down these trees

The trees at Yew Tee Point were chopped down and thrown away after several Pasar Malams in the area and STOMPer Ang Kong Kia says that Hong Kah Town Council deserved an F-minus performance rating for doing that.

In an email to STOMP today (June 13), the STOMPer wrote:

“The trees were stressed by the often month-long Pasar Malams over the years.

“One of them was dead after the recent month-long Pasar Malam as the heat from the food stall operating near it probably expedite its death as there was no watering of the trees or and the tress were deprived of rain water during the entire duration of the Pasar Malam.

“They set up a stage for Labour Day celebration on the space vacated by the dead tree.

“Someone must have come up with the brilliant idea to chop off the trees to make space for community events ‘for the benefits of the residents’.

“The least they could do was to transplant the precious trees to other space in the estate or sell the trees ($2000 each) and use the money for worthy cause.

“Under the newly proposed rating of the performance of the town council, I would give them F-!”

Related story:

Weather so hot, yet why healthy trees at Yew Tee Point cut down?

For the reply from the Town Council, read it here.

CLICK FOR LARGER IMAGE:
<SCRIPT language=javascript type=text/javascript src="http://www.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/_lytebox/lytebox.js"></SCRIPT><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="http://www.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/_lytebox/lytebox.css" media=screen>
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=500 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD><TD width=120> </TD><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD><TD width=120> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=120> </TD><TD width=120> </TD><TD width=120> </TD><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD><TD width=120> </TD><TD width=120> </TD><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD><TD width=120> </TD><TD width=120> </TD></TR><TR><TD width=120 align=middle> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><LINK rel=stylesheet type=text/css href="http://www.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/_lytebox/lytebox.css" media=screen>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 11 Jun, 2009 10:02
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Weather so hot, yet why healthy trees at Yew Tee Point cut down?

A STOMPer was shocked to see palm trees being chopped down at Yew Tee Point, and worries that without the shade from these trees it will be unbearably hot.

He hopes that the relevant authorities will provide him with a reason for such action.

Lovernature told STOMP via email yesterday (Jun 10):

"Happened to pass by Yew Tee Point and was shocked to see most of the healthy palm trees were being pulled down for no purpose!

"South West CDC 1,000,000 Native Plants at South West promotes environmental sustainability by making the South West District a cooler and greener place to live in.

"Now, the hard court is even hotter without the shade from these trees.

"I do not see the purpose of having the palm trees taken away.

"Why? Town Council, SWCDC or NParks please enlighten us.

"Will the authorities replace these trees at the hard court?"

For the reply from the Town Council, read it here.

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Email a Friend​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LOST BIG on MINIBOMBS, so Need to Cut Down Trees & Sell Backside to Offset LOSS? & No mention who pays for the felling of the trees and replanting of new trees!

Posted on 18 Jun, 2009 13:12
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Eight more trees were planted: Town Council

Hong Kah Town Council says that eight more trees were planted to at the Yew Tee Close area, and is taking a long term view with regards to the environment, despite cutting down several trees.

This is in response to the trees that were cut down by the Town Council which were pointed out by STOMPers Lovernature and Ang Kong Kia in their contributions to STOMP.

In an email response to STOMP today (June 18), a town council spokesman wrote:

“We refer to the posts by STOMPers Lovernature and Ang Kong Kia regarding the felling of palm trees at the hardcourt next to Yew Tee Point by the Town Council.

“There were initially 10 palm trees at the site.

“During a routine check, we found that, except for three big trees in front of the MRT station, the other seven trees were not growing well.

“In a bid to save the trees, we transplanted three of the seven trees to another location. However, the transplanted trees were unable to survive.

“Taking a long-term view of the future use of the hardcourt and condition of the existing four trees, we then decided it would be more prudent to remove the four trees that were not growing well.

“This decision was communicated to the Yew Tee CCC. The three big trees will remain as they are growing healthily.

“The Town Council is committed to providing a clean and green environment for residents. At the traffic island at Yew Tee Close, which is next to the hardcourt, eight trees were planted to provide more greenery to the area.

“Our Tree Planting Day every November is also testament to the Town Council’s green efforts.

“The Town Council is also in partnership with the South West Community Development Council on the 1,000,000 Native Plants @ South West, having pledged 106 trees last year.

“We will continue to work with the CDC to increase the number of community gardens in the Town as part of our efforts to promote a greener and more sustainable environment, and allow residents to enjoy and appreciate nature.

“We welcome residents who have further queries on this matter to call us at 6764 3295.”

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought National Parks love to fine citizens and contractors who damages trees.

How come in this case who will pay for replacement trees. Citizens ?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 17 Aug, 2009 16:31
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Dishonest pasar malam cashier: 50 cents also want to cheat my $

STOMPer sim says this cashier refused to return her money after she realised she had been wrongly charged. The STOMPer says:

“I was at the Yew Tee pasar malam on Aug 15 and had a negative experience with a dishonest merchant.

“It said $1.50 on the price tag for the hangers but I was charged $2.

“The cashier said price tag was wrong but she was not apologetic.

“Even though they put the price tag wrongly, she refused to return my money after I said I did not want it.

“Money is a small issue, moreover in my case, it was only 50 cents.

“But I feel that I should let others be aware of this dishonest and fierce merchant.

“They (the cashier and her helper) tried to bully me, as I was alone and helpless.

“When I brought my boyfriend, they tried to flee and hide.”

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Email a Friend​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought National Parks love to fine citizens and contractors who damages trees.

How come in this case who will pay for replacement trees. Citizens ?

In feudalistic times, the royal familee's agents go around bullying the peasants and are above the law. They are only anserable to the whims and fancy of the 1 man!