• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greatest Achievement In History Of Singapore Team Sport

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well put bro. Rep point coming your way...

The cab driver I met today used a Cantonese proverb that sums it all up nicely:

"Use someone's buttock skin as your face" ...

It is not a matter of winning or losing, it is a matter of Pride. :biggrin:

I am sure Malaysians will feel prouder, whether their fellow countryman Lee Chong Wei gets Gold or Silver in the Badminton Single Final.

Well done, Malaysia!

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, there is at least some authencity, if at least one of the three players are Singapore born. But with 3 China born players, the medal is as good as void !! Totally meaningless !! :(

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not a matter of winning or losing, it is a matter of Pride. :biggrin:

I am sure Malaysians will feel prouder, whether their fellow countryman Lee Chong Wei gets Gold or Silver in the Badminton Single Final.

Well done, Malaysia!

Lee Chong Wei is not a bumiputra or Muslim. He will always be a 3rd class Malaysian, after the Bumiputra and Muslims.

sunny302

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the sport arena, there is only one yardstick - talent. You are where you are based solely on your ability. Those who make it to the top got to be talented and have good mental strengths. We should welcome these types of talented people to come to S'pore.

I agree with you 100%. :biggrin: One must also remember that the FTs we have now were once considerd "not talented enough" to represent their own country and hence were allowed to leave. China has a large population 4 them to pick...What do we have???:eek:

The FT scheme is here to stay whether one is for or against it if we are to compete in the international areana. There is nothing to be ashamed of as other countries are also seeking the same approach.:smile:

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Corporate should top up the monetary rewards for our Table Tennis team. Afterall, they deserve more for accomplishing this incredible feat.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will wait until the match is over before we speculate on anything. To be honest, a win or a loss is pretty ambiguous to me.