• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Grace Fu will sue if kids abandon her

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Grace Fu will sue if kids abandon her</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>7:08 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20399.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Grace Fu on what would disappoint her as a mother
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Kor Kian Beng
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->SENIOR Minister of State Grace Fu said she would be 'very disappointed' if her children put her in an old folks' home without letting her have a say in the decision.
She was giving her take on a topic last night that has sparked public debate since Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong raised it in his National Day Rally speech last month.
Mr Lee urged Singaporeans not to shirk their responsibilities in caring for their parents, saying some were abandoning them in homes or hospitals.
The topic surfaced again at a dialogue the Senior Minister of State for National Development and Education had with 80 young unionists and their friends. The hour-long dialogue, organised by the National Trades Union Congress' youth wing, also discussed the affordability of public housing and the economy's pace of recovery.
Speaking to reporters later, she said that while she knew the need to prepare for retirement and have some savings, she would still be 'very disappointed' if her children did not want to live with her any more.
'Of course, if I have medical needs or if I decide to move to a home, my mindset would be different. But if I would like to live with my children, I hope they would feel the same too,' she added.
Ms Fu also said the Maintenance of Parents Act is sufficient. It allows parents to sue their children for financial maintenance.
There is no need for a jail term, she added.
Another topic raised was the rising property prices. Several participants were worried they might not be able to afford their desired property.
Ms Fu, 45, assured them the Government was monitoring the situation and would step in with measures if necessary. She also advised them to be flexible and to spend within their means.
She recounted her own experience, saying that when she married in 1988, she and her husband Ivan Lee, now 48, rented a room in an HDB flat for 11/2 years. It was a four-room flat in Jurong East.
HDB flats that were available were in Jurong West, 'which was a bit far from my parents' home', she said.
Her point was to show that marriage did not have to be delayed by house-buying.
She and her husband moved in with her parents, who live in a bungalow in Bukit Timah, when they decided to have children. They have three sons.
'If you meet someone you like, follow your heart and get married first. Buying a flat is a long-term investment. You will have a whole lifetime to find your dream flat,' she said.
The dialogue conducted an instant electronic poll on the topics raised. She was especially surprised that only 52 per cent said they would be disappointed if sent to an old folks' home.
She expected a higher number.

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>torch_bearer <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>8:25 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>dragonclaws2 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (3 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20399.3 in reply to 20399.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Because disGraceFul's parents in law are not as rich as her own parents.
Imagine the rewards a loyal dog gets from his masters, James was the secretary for Lau Cheebye and he can afford to stay in a bungalow.
Ivan has taken Mad Khaw's advice to look for good, read rich, in-laws.
Simi selling lanterns, I've only heard of Gong Li's film Raise the Red Lanterns.

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 9/4/2009 11:26 am by torch_bearer</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Grace

If my father was James Fu, I too would move my kids to my father's bungalow in Bukit Timah. After what your dad did, it best to keep your kids surrounded by security and alarms.

Why don't you share your views on your sheltered childhood.

<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Grace Fu will sue if kids abandon her</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>7:08 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20399.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Grace Fu on what would disappoint her as a mother
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- Author --></TD></TR><TR><TD class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold" colSpan=2>By Kor Kian Beng
</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->SENIOR Minister of State Grace Fu said she would be 'very disappointed' if her children put her in an old folks' home without letting her have a say in the decision.
She was giving her take on a topic last night that has sparked public debate since Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong raised it in his National Day Rally speech last month.
Mr Lee urged Singaporeans not to shirk their responsibilities in caring for their parents, saying some were abandoning them in homes or hospitals.
The topic surfaced again at a dialogue the Senior Minister of State for National Development and Education had with 80 young unionists and their friends. The hour-long dialogue, organised by the National Trades Union Congress' youth wing, also discussed the affordability of public housing and the economy's pace of recovery.
Speaking to reporters later, she said that while she knew the need to prepare for retirement and have some savings, she would still be 'very disappointed' if her children did not want to live with her any more.
'Of course, if I have medical needs or if I decide to move to a home, my mindset would be different. But if I would like to live with my children, I hope they would feel the same too,' she added.
Ms Fu also said the Maintenance of Parents Act is sufficient. It allows parents to sue their children for financial maintenance.
There is no need for a jail term, she added.
Another topic raised was the rising property prices. Several participants were worried they might not be able to afford their desired property.
Ms Fu, 45, assured them the Government was monitoring the situation and would step in with measures if necessary. She also advised them to be flexible and to spend within their means.
She recounted her own experience, saying that when she married in 1988, she and her husband Ivan Lee, now 48, rented a room in an HDB flat for 11/2 years. It was a four-room flat in Jurong East.
HDB flats that were available were in Jurong West, 'which was a bit far from my parents' home', she said.
Her point was to show that marriage did not have to be delayed by house-buying.
She and her husband moved in with her parents, who live in a bungalow in Bukit Timah, when they decided to have children. They have three sons.
'If you meet someone you like, follow your heart and get married first. Buying a flat is a long-term investment. You will have a whole lifetime to find your dream flat,' she said.
The dialogue conducted an instant electronic poll on the topics raised. She was especially surprised that only 52 per cent said they would be disappointed if sent to an old folks' home.
She expected a higher number.

[email protected]

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://books.google.com/books?id=Qn...1#v=onepage&q="James Fu" lee kuan yew&f=false

Lee Kuan Yew then chose Baharuddin Arif as a Member of Parliament, while Othman ... James Fu, a former journalist at Nanyang Siang Pau and also a political ...

Mr James Fu, Press Secretary to PM Lee Kuan Yew

http://i-came-i-saw-i-solved-it.blo...-lee-kuan-yew-rigged-_116208578905665261.html

2. Amongst those arrested were Lim Chin Siong and
James Fu (who later became LKY's Press Secretary). Lim
was the leader of the opposition at the time. Ops
Coldstore destroyed all chances of <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:COUNTRY-REGION><ST1:PLACE>Singapore</ST1:PLACE></ST1:COUNTRY-REGION> having a
two-party democratic system.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So 'nobility' in Peesai can be passed from daddy to daughter and son in typical ancient meleetocratic style!