• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Govt pampering foreign students?

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true that our beloved government is over-pampering foreign students at the expense of local students? I just heard from a friend that these foreigners, supposedly very smart ones, are given free flights, accommodation, food, daily expenses as well as $1,600 a month. I was aghast when I heard it.

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCB non-commissioned NSFs dun even get half of their allowance and cannot officially moonlite some more.
MSN-Emoticon-soldier-152.gif

Is it true that our beloved government is over-pampering foreign students at the expense of local students? I just heard from a friend that these foreigners, supposedly very smart ones, are given free flights, accommodation, food, daily expenses as well as $1,600 a month. I was aghast when I heard it.

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today during a casual chat with a retired teacher from an established school he unwittingly disclosed that that these foreign students are from India, China, Vietnam, Thailand. Indonesia etc. They are considered scholars and given places in top schools. They are given free flights, free boarding, bursaries and spending allowance. After finishing their studies they can return to their countries. No need to serve NS as they are foreign nationals.
Another interesting story is that many of the faculties in our NUS and NTU are inundated with China Chinese students. No wonder our local students have to go overseas for their education.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

that is true, pap very rich no where to spend the money, also not only that, these students get free PR and citizenship offer before they graduated.

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're 100% right. These foreign students are recruited by the local schools who sent their principles and teachers overseas to specially recruit them and then bring them over here to be worshiped. After all the resources wasted on them at the expense of our locals , they go on sponsorship to American or UK universities and never ever return. Not a word of thanks and they won't hesitate to condemn Singaporeans for being stupid and lousy.After our local PAP government have been telling them hos great they are and have repeated invited them to be citizens. Many were told that they will get good governm,ent jobs if they accept our citizenship. The real truth actually is much much worst. What goes on at the MOE level is appalling. Local senior teachers are systemically axed from the education with no chances of promotion. All these are for foreign imported ones- China and UK. Its no surprise if you know who in charge at MOE? Madam Ho Peng. Anyway, her brother endorses what she is doing as along as he can appease the voting class. You see- if you are in the baby boom generation nearing 50, you are a liability and of no value to the PAP government. If you are in your 30s, you will be in line to be a principle even if there is a better candidate who is nearing 50. Meritocracy? Think again. It is a bloody big lie. If this was so, do you think that LHL can ever be our PM. By the way although he is a lousy PM, he is still better than GCT whose main purpose in life is to please and gain LKY's approval.

I personally know of good teachers who quit in frustration because of unfair, unethical,unprofessional practices at the MOE level. A true case in a top JC a few years back- foreign drama teacher, an angmo got involved with one of the JC2 girls. She got pregnant by him and the parents went to see the principle. The principle for fear of his own career and the thought of facing the MOE, insisted that the girl is at fault and expelled her from school. She never completed her a levels. The angmo is still in the school teaching and hitting on other girls. The girl's life destroyed. The parents never breath this out because they were too embarrassed and the principle even told them that if they pursued this, they will be even more embarrassed. This truly happened in the premium JC. Can we do anything about this? No! Because we have sold our rights to the PAP.

Don't expect the new Education minister to do anything. He knows nothing. All information is fed to him by those manipulating him. He is totally like a mushroom to them- Kept in the dark and fed shit. As long as he obeys them andlet them have their way at the MOE, they will continue to make him look good and he can get promoted. Anyway that's all he wants. 3 other education minister fed on this shit and got very well promoted- Why bother? There is no PAP minister who is true to the moral calling of a minister, they are all there for the money and prestige. Especially Lim Swee Say although he tries very hard to pretend that he's not.

The MOE people will never be caught because even if you raise this in parliament they can show you directives that will cover their arses. But what practiced on the ground is totally different. I can understand the frustrations of those who lost jobs to faster, cheaper and maybe 'better' foreigners. LKY has already said that he will replace Singaporeans with foreigners if we cannot safeguard his wealth and wishes. This is only at MOE, I can imagine that at the
other ministries, things are probably the same or worst.

It a sad state of affairs my learned friends but it is the honest truth.