• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Government must be more choosy and picky

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
This government should be more choosy and picky

Help those are willing to help themselves, help those who are old and weak or at the end of their lives

No need to subsidise wages of graduates because this will breed dependency. Already fresh graduates are so weak and ah gua mentality, helping them is like giving beer to an alcoholic

No need to help those who are choosy and picky as shown below in the article. Instead it is government who must be choosy and picky in deciding who to help

I have said this since the sammyboy coffeeshop opened - now confirmed again. You see, I am employer, we suffer a lot because Singaporeans choosy and picky then when we hire PRC for the jobs they don't want, we kena criticised

I pay tax, I demand taxpayer money be spent wisely, not on fresh grads and on picky job applicants

http://938live.sg/portal/site/938Li...aram=18d2638896593110VgnVCM100000e101000aRCRD

Updated: 26th July 2009, 1600 hrs
Many job seekers still unrealistic

Dr Amy Khor presenting the South West CDC report card

by Saifulbahri Ismail

Despite this tough economic climate, many job seekers are still picky about the kind of jobs they are willing to take on.

Unveiling its report card at its annual meeting today, the South West Community Development Council or CDC found that 40% of job seekers still have unrealistic expectations.

The District received some 6400 job applications from April 2008 to March this year.

Nearly half of those seeking employment assistance through the South West CDC are unreceptive to different work environments and have overblown pay expectations.

Speaking at the South West CDC District meeting, Finance Minister and Adviser to Jurong GRC Grassroots Organisation, Tharman Shanmugaratnam says strengthening and improving the attitudes of these workers is a challenge.

Typical job requests include regular working hours, proximity of workplace to home, an air-conditioned workplace, and unrealistic salaries.

Last edited: