• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Google threat to quit China

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
google-ap.jpg

SAN FRANCISCO - GOOGLE threatened on Tuesday to shut down its operations in China after uncovering what it said were 'highly sophisticated' cyberattacks aimed at Chinese human rights activists.

Google said China-based cyber spies struck the Internet giant and at least 20 other firms to track activities of activists around the world. Google said it will no longer filter Internet search engine results in China and the online espionage has it reconsidering its business operations there.

'These attacks and the surveillance they have uncovered - combined with the attempts over the past year to further limit free speech on the Web - have led us to conclude that we should review the feasibility of our business operations in China,' Google chief legal officer David Drummond said in a blog post. 'We have decided we are no longer willing to continue censoring our results on Google.cn, and so over the next few weeks we will be discussing with the Chinese government the basis on which we could operate an unfiltered search engine within the law, if at all.'

Mr Drummond said Google realises that defying Chinese government demands regarding filtering Internet search engine results may mean having to shut down its operations in China.

Google said it detected a highly sophisticated and targeted attack on its corporate infrastructure in mid-December that resulted in the theft of intellectual property. Mr Drummond said the attack originated in China. Evidence indicated that the attackers were trying to get access to Gmail accounts of Chinese human rights activists, according to Mr Drummond.

Google believes the attack was mostly blocked and that only minor information, like creation dates and subject lines, were stolen from two accounts. At least 20 other large companies including finance, Internet, media, technology, and chemical businesses were similarly attacked, according to Google. -- AFP

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Frankly speaking. the Chinese won't miss them, they use mainly their own search engine anyway. Sohu, Baidu, etc. None of my colleagues are into google anyway. Google would be the only one losing out if they pull out

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and you speak for the chinese?

I just realize you seem to like to pick on my post. I have no idea why but if U have worked in China or with the Chinese, U will know what I mean. They do not use google in general. The Chinese prefer to use their own search engine.

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just realize you seem to like to pick on my post. I have no idea why but if U have worked in China or with the Chinese, U will know what I mean. They do not use google in general. The Chinese prefer to use their own search engine.

Who cares the fuck wat u realize? you can pick on ppl's post, but others cannot do the same to you? :rolleyes:

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly speaking. the Chinese won't miss them, they use mainly their own search engine anyway. Sohu, Baidu, etc. None of my colleagues are into google anyway. Google would be the only one losing out if they pull out

Pretty much the case. On top of that the CCP would be most happy to see Google quit.

You don't use google?!? :eek: So which search engine you use? Always safe to have an alternative. :biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who cares the fuck wat u realize? you can pick on ppl's post, but others cannot do the same to you? :rolleyes:

I don't remember ever having any lenghty discussion with you though. And U are free to pick on me, that's your freedom. I am just stating my observation. If U are prepared to discuss anything within the scope of the topic in a given thread I welcome the discussion. However please try not to hurl petty insults my way :smile:

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't remember ever having any lenghty discussion with you though. And U are free to pick on me, that's your freedom. I am just stating my observation. If U are prepared to discuss anything within the scope of the topic in a given thread I welcome the discussion. However please try not to hurl petty insults my way :smile:

Dear PAP IB,

Hurling insults? Isn't that you forte? Of coz you can "state your observation" or in other words nitpick on others posting. That is part of PAP IB's strategy, isn't it?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear PAP IB,

One can change nick, but the writing style remains. We do have lengthy discussion before, but in your original nick. :wink:

Dear conspiracy theorist,

I have no idea what you are talking about and if U think I am a clone of someone, please feel free to get the owner of this forum/moderators to check my IP. I can assure you they will find it pretty unique.

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have no idea what you are talking about and if U think I am a clone of someone, please feel free to get the owner of this forum/moderators to check my IP. I can assure you they will find it pretty unique.

Dear PAP IB,

Nick can change, but not writing style. :wink:

Stage 5

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the real reason they are leaving, is because of Google is about to face a potentially huge lawsuit by China, for illegally digitizing hundreds of thousands of Chinese books without copyrights or licensing, for it's own Google portal. They're screwed!!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear PAP IB,

Nick can change, but not writing style. :wink:

I have no idea who you think I am, but please get off my back if U think I am a clone, instead go get the moderators/owner of this forum to ban/shut down my account or like some users in here dump everything I write into the thrash area. Instead of doing something stupid and stalk me all around the place, U can do something constructive like get the moderators to do it. I am pretty confident it won't happen since this is not a clone account and I only have this 1 account

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have no idea who you think I am, but please get off my back if U think I am a clone, instead go get the moderators/owner of this forum to ban/shut down my account or like some users in here dump everything I write into the thrash area. Instead of doing something stupid and stalk me all around the place, U can do something constructive like get the moderators to do it. I am pretty confident it won't happen since this is not a clone account and I only have this 1 account

Dear PAP IB,

You want ppl to get off your back while you are on ppl's back for criticizing your MIW overlord? You want freedom to attack opponents of your master, while you call for restriction that is against you? Yeah sure, you have one account only, and pigs can fly. I say again, nick can change, but not writing style. :rolleyes:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear PAP IB,

You want ppl to get off your back, while you are on ppl's back for criticizing your MIW overlord? Yeah sure, you have one account only, and pigs can fly. I say again, nick can change, but not writing style. :rolleyes:

I am teaching U a more constructive method of getting rid of me. Get the Moderators to do it. If U prefer to manually search out my post all the freaking time, be my guest

johnstonsiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am teaching U a more constructive method of getting rid of me. Get the Moderators to do it. If U prefer to manually search out my post all the freaking time, be my guest

Some ppl want to start "teaching" here :rolleyes: That shows how "laujiao" he is in sammyboy. :wink: