• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Teacher GoGo complaint on poor sinki services attitudes jin lousy....jiuhu service is much better de woh?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
We may be neighbours, but the service standards of staff in Singapore and Malaysia are worlds apart — or at least, that's what this Chinese tourist has claimed.

Content creator Teacher Gogo singled out Singaporean-Chinese service staff in particular for their less-than-friendly attitude, after most of them left him with a bad impression.

This is especially so in comparison with their Malaysian counterparts, he said in a TikTok video uploaded on Sunday (Oct 15).

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I feel like my past few days exploring Singapore as a tourist has made me … think that most Singaporean-Chinese don't have good attitudes towards service," Gogo ventured.

Whether they are public transport drivers or food and beverage vendors, these service staff have been "short-tempered and brusque" in dealing with him, he said.

"Is it my mistake in thinking so, or does anyone else who has visited Singapore feel the same?"

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
He explained: "Most Chinese service staff in Malaysia are exceptionally friendly and warm-hearted, whereas Chinese in Singapore — especially a majority of hawkers — have really bad attitudes."

While netizens were divided on whether Gogo's observations were accurate, some felt that there could be various reasons for any rude behaviour that the tourist encountered during his time in Singapore.

"There are many explanations… but you'll need to become a hawker and understand their pain," a user commented.

Said another: "You're spot on, it's the stress that causes it!"

"Singaporeans have too much stress. In order to make a living they work hard, and when they see a tourist having fun, they feel ill at ease," one joked.

A user also elaborated: "It's because everyone's busy and don't have enough time to properly respond to others.