• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Ah Neh FT donates $$$

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
AN INDIAN expatriate who spent what he considered to be his 'best years' here donated $91,000 to the Community Chest before returning home last year.

To Mr S.M. Kumar, 57, who was an engineer with an oil and gas company here, it was a way of paying back the nation for the opportunities he had experienced in his two decades here.

Yesterday, he was presented with the Community Chest's Individual Silver award at a ceremony to honour major donors.

This is the first year awards for individual donors are being given out. The only other individual award given out yesterday - a gold one - was presented to the estate of the late Foo Hee Lim, for a donation of more than $100,000.

Altogether, 246 gold, silver and bronze awards across a number of categories were handed out to 172 individual and corporate donors.

Mr Kumar, who is publicity-shy and who also had to stay home to look after his mother, sent his wife, Mrs Revathi Kumar, 47, to receive the award on his behalf.

He said, in a telephone interview from India: 'It's a way of saying thanks for the good time my family and I had in Singapore.'

His children, now aged 27 and 23 and working in the United States, finished junior college here and benefited from the education system, he said.

Among the winners of the Corporate Gold award were Kah Motor, the Tan Chin Tuan Foundation, Singapore Press Holdings and the SPH Foundation.

Senior parliamentary secretary (Community Development, Youth and Sports) Teo Ser Luck handed out the awards. The Community Chest said in a statement that it was looking to increase participation in Share, its 25-year-old programme under which individuals make monthly donations via Giro, credit card, or direct debit from their monthly salary.

Singapore Welcomes You!

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
AN INDIAN expatriate who spent what he considered to be his 'best years' here donated $91,000 to the Community Chest before returning home last year.

To Mr S.M. Kumar, 57, who was an engineer with an oil and gas company here, it was a way of paying back the nation for the opportunities he had experienced in his two decades here.

He said, in a telephone interview from India: 'It's a way of saying thanks for the good time my family and I had in Singapore.'

His children, now aged 27 and 23 and working in the United States, finished junior college here and benefited from the education system, he said.

Singapore Welcomes You!

Talking cock Indian Foreign Trash.

His 2 sons benefited from the education system here as I believed strongly that his 2 sons must have got our PAP government scholarships to go overseas to studies without any contract bonds on them.

So when his 2 sons finished their studies in the USA, they decided to stayed there and work. So our generous PAP government had given them at least 1 person USD$300,000 scholarship for them to study overseas. But after they finished their education, they never come back to Singapore to contribute back to Singapore society but decided to stay in USA. Our Singaporeans taxpayers money were given to these 2 persons total USD$600,000 as scholarships for free.

And if what I've said above is true, and the Indian foreign trash only gave SGD$91,000 it is really cheap compared to the scholarships our generous PAP government had given them.