• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Giving Priority

jw5

Loyal
I think we all know that we should give up our seats on public transport to the elderly or disabled.
But would you consider giving priority to the elderly or disabled in queues?

If an elderly or disabled person asked you if they could go first, would you let them if you were in the following queues:

-- at a polyclinic or private clinic
-- lining up to buy food or groceries
-- at a Singapore Pools outlet
-- lining up to buy a cinema ticket

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask them to 'long chiam pak' or 'or pay som' if more that 2.

-- at a polyclinic or private clinic ~ elderly and disabled, yes
-- lining up to buy food or groceries ~ yes, if the person behind me give me a nod.
-- at a Singapore Pools outlet ~ no, i will get scolded instead, but don't mind buy for them
-- lining up to buy a cinema ticket ~ yes, the Q is always short.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I think we all know that we should give up our seats on public transport to the elderly or disabled.

If an elderly or disabled person asked you if they could go first, would you let them if you were in the following queues:

bro,

i think in polyclinics, the elderly, infants and the disabled are automatically given priority queue, regular blood donors under the old scheme would be given priority as well.

lining up to buy food and groceries, i'd give way automatically without them asking.

when buying lottery at SGPool outlets, i haven't seen disabled folks queuing up before, but i haven't given way to elderly folks either. they are busy shading the boxes while in queue anyway :biggrin:

cinema tickets... haven't watched a show for a long while now :p

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It depends. If the old folks possessed the PAP look (yaya papaya type) or if I suspect they are one of the 66.6% stupid sinkies. I will not allow them to jump queue.

jw5

Loyal
It depends. If the old folks possessed the PAP look (yaya papaya type) or if I suspect they are one of the 66.6% stupid sinkies. I will not allow them to jump queue.
Bro
How do you tell the papaya look? :smile:

jw5

Loyal
bro,

i think in polyclinics, the elderly, infants and the disabled are automatically given priority queue, regular blood donors under the old scheme would be given priority as well.

lining up to buy food and groceries, i'd give way automatically without them asking.

when buying lottery at SGPool outlets, i haven't seen disabled folks queuing up before, but i haven't given way to elderly folks either. they are busy shading the boxes while in queue anyway :biggrin:

cinema tickets... haven't watched a show for a long while now :p
Bro
If nobody asks me, I generally won't give way.
But if the person asks, I will give way in a clinic or when lining up to buy food or groceries.
I may not give way at the cinema.
I will not give way when buying lottery.
You may say that they also want to have a chance to win money, but I would say that it is not a necessity. If they are well enough to buy lottery or go to the cinema, they are well enough to wait their turn.

jw5

Loyal
Ask them to 'long chiam pak' or 'or pay som' if more that 2.

-- at a polyclinic or private clinic ~ elderly and disabled, yes
-- lining up to buy food or groceries ~ yes, if the person behind me give me a nod.
-- at a Singapore Pools outlet ~ no, i will get scolded instead, but don't mind buy for them
-- lining up to buy a cinema ticket ~ yes, the Q is always short.
Bro
My advice is not to buy lottery for people.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
even public transport companies do not give concessions to the elders and disables all the time. we should follow their time table.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

- polyclinic - one is give a Q number, right?, unless the person in front is in intense pain or at the point of death, and mine is of a lesser nature...they can go first.

- depends, pretty, polite laddies...maybe!, relly needful elderly persons of race, creed & sex...yes!..other than that, No!
- I just ignore them...
- haven't been to a cinema for ages...in the past, they have proper Q..rarely people jump Q, unless, you to be fook by all those in the Q.., and not healthy also..someone might just bash you up..:biggrin: