• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious General Desmond, Former SMRT CEO Promoted To UBS Divisional Vice-Chairman For Global Wealth Management! Huat Ah!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bp_kuek_040219_78.jpg

SINGAPORE - Former SMRT chief executive Desmond Kuek, who stepped down from the role at the transport operator in August last year, is joining Swiss investment bank UBS as its divisional vice-chairman for global wealth management.

The bank said in a statement on Monday (Feb 4) that Mr Kuek, 55, will start work on Feb 18, and will be based in Singapore.

He will report to UBS head of ultra-high net worth, Mr Joe Stadler, and Asia-Pacific president Edmund Koh.

Mr Koh said he is happy to be working with Mr Kuek, who he said can handle pressure well.

"He is tenacious, always calm under pressure and not afraid to take on the toughest challenges with commitment and perseverance. His rich and diverse range of experiences driving complex businesses through innovation and transformation will serve UBS well into its next chapter," he said.

Mr Kuek, who was president and group chief executive at SMRT Corporation from 2012 to 2018, is a former army general who was Chief of Defence Force from 2007 to 2010. He also served as permanent secretary in the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources before moving to SMRT.

He has also served on the boards of Singapore Technologies Engineering, Defence Science and Technology Agency, Housing and Development Board, Jurong Town Corporation, former statutory board International Enterprise Singapore and the Civil Service College.

He is the founder and chairman of leadership consultancy Genium & Co, which was registered in July last year.

UBS said Mr Kuek's wealth of experience as an executive, government official and board member "will be of great value in strengthening our relationships with existing clients, forging new ones and growing our business across Asia Pacific".

Mr Kuek said in the statement: "I'm looking forward to starting on this exciting new role with the incredible team at UBS."

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...-swiss-bank-ubs-as-a-divisional-vice-chairman

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
is he still running his Leadership Company ?

ubs pays very well. confirm more than smrt.

God works in mysterious ways. :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On behalf of all samsters, I congratulate General Desmond on his promotion! I've taken the opportunity to send him a CNY hamper with best wishes from my company and the grassroots leaders.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On behalf of all samsters, I congratulate General Desmond on his promotion! I've taken the opportunity to send him a CNY hamper with best wishes from my company and the grassroots leaders.

It is a demotion. He now no longer calls the shot. He reports to an angmo and the APAC President. He many rungs down the pecking order.

PAP arranged this to give him some face. Last shot for him. If he is out, he is on his own. PAP patience with him is running thin.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is a demotion. He now no longer calls the shot. He reports to an angmo and the APAC President. He many rungs down the pecking order.

PAP arranged this to give him some face. Last shot for him. If he is out, he is on his own. PAP patience with him is running thin.

It's a promotion. He's better paid as a bank vice-chairman sucking the dicks of rich folks like myself than as a CEO of a GLC or general in the military.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal

I send him a slightly used
1549297726200.png

Nothing but the best for Kuek , or is it Quack?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a promotion. He's better paid as a bank vice-chairman sucking the dicks of rich folks like myself than as a CEO of a GLC or general in the military.

He was grossing more than $1 million as CEO. You think he is getting that? Fat chance unless he meets his target. You are a small fry.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Life is great when you have all the connections. Isn't it? Meritocracy.. Lol :biggrin:

70% sinkies, song bo?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He was grossing more than $1 million as CEO. You think he is getting that? Fat chance unless he meets his target. You are a small fry.

As the CEO of a government linked entity or general, there's a cap to how much he could earn. Didn't you oppies get upset when PAP ministers earn $1 million or $2 million a year including bonuses?

As a mere vice chairman of a banking division, General Desmond would earn even more than a PAP minister. He will be better paid and more respected. That's why I said he received a promotion.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As the CEO of a government linked entity or general, there's a cap to how much he could earn. Didn't you oppies get upset when PAP ministers earn $1 million or $2 million a year including bonuses?

As a mere vice chairman of a banking division, General Desmond would earn even more than a PAP minister. He will be better paid and more respected. That's why I said he received a promotion.

He was making more money than now. At most, he gets $300k annually. If he can suck up to his customers well, his compensation will go up. Knowing this entitled idiots, he will have a hard time kowtowing to the UHNW. So, he has lots of learning to do.

We are still opposed to overpaying for incompetence. And when you are in the public service, you join to serve, not to milk it till the cows die.