• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious General Chuan Jin Reminds Oppies To Be Respectful!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am surprised that some folks choose to spin a false narrative about this process. I understand that some may be passionate about their issue but it is disrespectful to run-down the issues that others are speaking on. It is disrespectful to the Singaporeans whose lives are impacted by the issues being proposed. Just because a motion is not picked this round does not mean it would not be picked again.

But more critically, how on earth is this the be all and end all? For example, not picking the motion on the criminal justice system does not mean that it would not be addresed at all. In fact Parliamentary Questions have been filed and Minister K Shanmugam Sc had already stated that the issue would be fully addressed via a Ministerial Statement, which would obviously include a full and substantive series of clarifications.

The fact is that the issue of the day would be given a full hearing and more time will be spent on it than via an Adjournment Motion. If members wish to move other motions, they can do so. There is a due process. You do not change processes at anyone's whim and fancy, and just because some of you want only your outcome because you believe it to be right. Please share this. I hope some of these clamour is borne out of passion and ignorance rather than a deliberate effort to misinform. Thanks.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
fucking parliament so lazy
mps get paid so much
they should hold parliamentary sessions every working day
draw lots for fuck. have more sessions and hear all motions!
bunch of highly paid useless politicians