• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GanSiokBin 小龙女 has hope, she can now give birth and apply for BTO with Nanospeed 杨过 and their child.

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal

More women aged 50 and older in Singapore having babies​

202204297119412354df3bae-7323-4259-872d-71b32d85603a.jpg

Veteran actress and getai singer Liu Lingling with her son Caleb, whom she gave birth to in 2013 at the age of 50. PHOTO: ST FILE
judith.png

Judith Tan
Correspondent
UPDATED

SEP 19, 2024, 07:08 AM

SINGAPORE – The boundary of motherhood has shifted over the past few years as more women aged 50 and above are having babies.

In 2023, 19 women aged 50 or older gave birth, three of whom were at least 55 years old then, according to the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority’s annual report.

Between 1989 and 2009, six women aged 50 or older had babies. This number increased more than five times between 2010 and 2019, with 33 such women giving birth to 41 babies.

Among the 33 women was a 58-year-old who had twins in 2016. She is believed to be Singapore’s oldest woman to give birth.
The most well-known woman in Singapore to have a baby at the age of 50 or older is veteran actress and getai singer Liu Lingling.

She underwent in-vitro fertilisation treatment and gave birth to her son Caleb in 2013 at the age of 50.

Other celebrities who had babies after turning 50 include singer Janet Jackson, who was 50 when she had her son Eissa in January 2017; model Naomi Campbell, who was 53 when she had her son in June 2023; and actress Cameron Diaz, who was 51 when she welcomed her second child, a boy named Cardinal, in March 2024.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
野蠻人賤狗 must twist everything to sex.

I admire my mentor cum benefactor in the same way I admire Florence Nightingale and Mother Theresa.

My mentor cum benefactor is a virgin and will remain so forever. This is why I'm exempted from swearing. 我有免死金牌 …