• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gaming & Academic Studies & The NTU Student

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wanted to share this with parents and students as well those who are in tertiary institutions that have responsibilities over students.

I have seen this over the last 10 years and its a growing problem at tertiary institutions - addicted to gaming. Usually the addicts are the upper cream of the cohort as intelligence is an important component of such activities.

Inter-state or international students seem to be prone to this and I suspect that loneliness and the deatchment from familiar surroundings tend to push them towards this. As they are are bright, they need to be challenged and gaming provides various levels of difficulty and satiates the curisority appetite.

The symptons are pretty obvious and they are
- unable to attend morning tutorials and lectures as gaming tends to be intensive at night
- grades dropping rapidly
- zombie look in campus
- withdrawn from usual social group.

Unfortunately, those who are close to these chaps and even lecturers will tell you, there is no hope until the chap leaves the uni.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe me, gaming addiction is the least of things you have to worry about in uni

University is a special period of your life when you can explore your limits

Let the student experiment with binge drinking, casual sex, gambling, devil worshipping etc ... he/she will step out of uni as a worldly young adult

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Believe me, gaming addiction is the least of things you have to worry about in uni

University is a special period of your life when you can explore your limits

Let the student experiment with binge drinking, casual sex, gambling, devil worshipping etc ... he/she will step out of uni as a worldly young adult
Yes, yes. Every normal kids does that in the Uni and except for a few, the rest still do well, not to mention the legends that are created.