• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gabriel's CC Limit Cut from $45k to $5k Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Credit limit slashed due to inactivity of card account
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I received a letter from HSBC informing me that, due to inactivity of my credit card account over the past six months, it had 'permanently reduced' my credit limit from $45,100 to $5,000.
I have held on to my HSBC card for many years. I have not used it recently because my other cards have more promotions and rewards.
Is HSBC, in these trying financial times, keeping only revolving, defaulting and delinquent card users, while at the same time getting other cardholders to cancel their cards?
The bank's officer told me it was routine practice to review the credit limits of customers who do not use their cards. However, there is no reason to slash my limit by such a hefty amount.
The officer then offered to e-mail me a credit limit review form so I could submit my latest payslip for review. But I have yet to receive this form, which in any case should have accompanied the letter informing me of the limit reduction.
While it is a bank's right to regularly review credit limits, I find the reason given for reducing my limit inexcusable.
A simple promotion to get me to spend on my card would have sufficed, or if it was the case of a limit review, a request for my latest payslip to reassess my situation.
Gabriel Tang

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
they are indirectly telling you that, if you dun want to use the card, just cancel it and dun waste their resources. Pls cancel it. Since you have other cards use them.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lower credit limit = lower risk to card theft fraud = lower risk to customer

What is Gabriel Tang complaining about? He needs a high credit limit to boost his ego??

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this posted on the ST? HSBC has no customer service meh? There are far more impt issue to discuss in Singapore leh. knn waste our time

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... I have not used it recently because my other cards have more promotions and rewards. ... Gabriel Tang
ah gabriel ...

u got other cards wat ...

if dey no happy wif u, u throw ze card back 2 dem la ... kpkb so much 4 wat? ...