• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"Funeral" Ad revisited. What's wrong and right about it?

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shit Times write up about it today on it's Life section!

Ministry of Community Development , Youth and Sports claimed over 1 million views on Facebook in 3 months. Must be damn fucking proud of it I suppose.

Some dork Latino in Spain had translated and uploaded the video on youtube which had supposedly garnered 89,000 views.

American Chinese twat Jennifer Wei sang praises about it in email to Life, Shit Times.

I don't hear about Singaporeons talking about it. I've asked many, non had seen it. Even if they had, what would be the reaction of the majority?

Fed on a lifetime of Western productions which are the yardstick standard which our local imitators will try to emulate for which their efforts can never do more than be just provide flat entertainment fed to dulled and unresponsive minds of the Singapore audience.

What is wrong with the video? I want to believe I speak on the behalf of many, it's the sari clad Indian woman. Nothing wrong with a sari clad Indian woman, just that kind of face Indian woman. The one who did the casting never considered the reaction of many to such a sari clad face. And many do wince listening to pure local accent.

You want to sent a message. You want to change peoples' minds to see things your way. You could have put in a more neutral type of representation of a mixed marriage. Not that sari clad Indian woman. I've lost my appetite for today.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2XLZsiCBsA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2XLZsiCBsA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing special about the ad! Big fuss over small matter! Making a mole out a mountain! Penny wise pound foolish... whatever!!!

You want good video, watch this....

object>