• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FTrash Angry With FTrash Kena Kicked Out. How?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Immigration kicking out FTs?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">kojakbt22 <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">1:08 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 10) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>7793.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Maid denied entry, despite in-principle approval

</TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- headline one : end --></TD></TR><TR><TD><!-- show image if available --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->SINCE the beginning of last month, I have been making arrangements to bring a maid from Myanmar to Singapore to work for me. She is a friend's cousin and was highly recommended to me. From her background, she would be ideal to help me with my six-month-old son and elderly parent.
Via online applications, I had indicated that she is a first-time foreign domestic worker (FDW) and that she is currently in Myanmar. After getting the in-principle approval letter from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), getting insurance from NTUC Income, and making arrangements for her to attend the FDW entry test and safety awareness course - all required to bring her in - I finally made arrangements for her to travel to Singapore on Feb 10.
However, at Changi Airport, when she did not appear, I called immigration at the airport to find out if she had arrived. A Mr Tan told me that, because she did not fulfil immigration requirements, she would not be allowed to enter Singapore and would be sent back to Myanmar.
I told him I was her employer, I had all her documents with me and if she had anything missing, I could provide it. He said there was nothing wrong with her work permit, but she did not fulfil immigration requirements.
I asked him what he meant by that. He said that, due to policy, he was not able to tell me. In my shock, I did not ask further.
The next day, my friend called his family in Myanmar to find out what had happened. The maid said she was told by Singapore airport immigration that, due to government policy, people with work permits were not allowed to enter during the present economic downturn, as they would compete for jobs with Singaporeans.
I would like to know:
- If there is such a policy, why did MOM approve my application, knowing she was a first-time FDW and in Myanmar?
- Again if there is such a policy, why did Income issue medical insurance, personal accident plan, security bond and so on, for a maid not yet in Singapore?
- Why did the airport immigration officer tell me she did not fulfil immigration requirements, when she had all the necessary documents to come here to work as an FDW?
- She was coming here because she already had a job with me, and was not here to look for a job and compete with Singaporeans. The MOM documents she produced at the airport state this. So why was this reason given to her? Melissa Shepherdson (Ms)

[email protected]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyo...not happy go to maid agency & hire one maid lah...why must insist to hire someone from Myanmar...something fishy going on?

not satisfied somemore can check into a service apt - got chambermaid service no need maid.