• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From the Brotherhood: Moderation or Mind trick ?

sheryllim

Alfrescian
Loyal
In these few days; an obsession with moderation and self regulation of internet material has mushroomed all over cyberspace and the MSM – you know what? I am actually in favor of moderating the internet; that’s why I was looking forward to it; only I can’t help feeling something is amiss……

Don’t believe me, then read this and try to figure out what’s wrong with these statements:

“Anonymity in cyberspace is an illusion. You will remember in 2007, we prosecuted three persons under the Sedition Act because of the blogs they put up which denigrated the religion of one of our communities in Singapore. ” - Vivian Balakrishnan Feb 2009

“But even in the Internet, there are places which are more considered, more moderated where people put their names down and identify themselves. And there is a debate which goes on and a give and take, which is not so rambunctious but perhaps more thoughtful. That is another range.” Lee.S.L Feb 2009

Question: what does anonymity have to do with the broader subject of moderation and self regulation?

Well the miniskirt prognosis is nothing actually.

This leads us to consider: what really accounts for this mish mash then?

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=5574

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will the wayangparty send a hamper to the PAP to clear the air and state that they don't support the view of SBF forummers after this thread discussion.

In these few days; an obsession with moderation and self regulation of internet material has mushroomed all over cyberspace and the MSM – you know what? I am actually in favor of moderating the internet; that’s why I was looking forward to it; only I can’t help feeling something is amiss……

Don’t believe me, then read this and try to figure out what’s wrong with these statements:

“Anonymity in cyberspace is an illusion. You will remember in 2007, we prosecuted three persons under the Sedition Act because of the blogs they put up which denigrated the religion of one of our communities in Singapore. ” - Vivian Balakrishnan Feb 2009

“But even in the Internet, there are places which are more considered, more moderated where people put their names down and identify themselves. And there is a debate which goes on and a give and take, which is not so rambunctious but perhaps more thoughtful. That is another range.” Lee.S.L Feb 2009

Question: what does anonymity have to do with the broader subject of moderation and self regulation?

Well the miniskirt prognosis is nothing actually.

This leads us to consider: what really accounts for this mish mash then?

Read rest of article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=5574