• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

From A Toyota To A Ferrari

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Issac Teh 26 Years Old

Kolmeo Graphic

Product Designer
Kolmeo
Jan 2021 - Present 3 months
  • A Cloud Guru Graphic
    Product Designer
    A Cloud Guru
    Aug 2019 - Dec 20201 year 5 months
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am a part of cross-functional product squads, that work on various parts of a product that teaches the world to use cloud technologies. In my time here, I’ve been able to work on:
    • A recruitment feature
    • Billing and checkout interactions
    • Optimisation of onboarding and activation flows.
    • Redesign of user profile pages

I also contributed to wider design outcomes such as our design system and evaluating design research software for wider design team use.
  • Sidekicker Graphic
    UX Designer
    Sidekicker
    May 2018 - Aug 20191 year 4 months
    Melbourne, Australia
    I worked with a high performing team of engineers and our Chief Product Officer to leverage technology to make our marketplace product work for customers. I ensured our design was research-driven by conducting User Interviews and User Testing. I also analysed data to help with determining the direction to take on new features.

Some projects I was involved in include:
    • Optimising of the Sidekicker mobile app allowing users to see more jobs without having to scroll as much.
    •…
    Show more
  • myprosperity Graphic
    UX UI Designer
    myprosperity
    Aug 2015 - May 20182 years 10 months
    Melbourne, Australia
    As the UX UI Designer, my main role was to work on helping to create new features and functionalities for the software product. This involves seeing through the UX process from the discovery phase to briefing developers and taking the final product through design reviews.

As part of being in a start-up environment, I was also required to be versatile and assisted in all aspects of the business that required graphic design such as marketing and sales.
  • Hashmeta Pte Ltd Graphic
    Social Media Ninja
    Hashmeta Pte Ltd
    Jun 2014 - Feb 20172 years 9 months
    Singapore
    www.hashmeta.com

Creating Facebook plans for various accounts under the company. I was responsible for creating engaging content that would allow the clients to grow their following online. This role required me to interact with the clients as well as manage the scheduling of the Facebook posts on my own. I also assisted with creating imagery for pitches and presentations.
  • Central6 Pty Ltd Graphic
    Digital Designer
    Central6 Pty Ltd
    Jan 2015 - Aug 20158 months
    Mitcham, Victoria
    Working with developers to optimise performance of the two e-commerce stores by improving graphics and layouts. I took charge of creating weekly newsletters as well as managing their Facebook accounts. I was also responsible for creating marketing material for featured promotions and products.
  • Niche Media Graphic
    Editorial Intern
    Niche Media
    May 2015 - Jul 20153 months
    Australia
    www.desktopmag.com.au

As an editorial intern my job was to look for relevant topics for the online version of desktop magazine with a slant towards a lifestyle theme. I responded to various interview briefs as well as worked on stories on my own, conducting interviews to craft articles that would drive engagement on social media.
  • Temasek Polytechnic Graphic
    Temporary Staff
    Temasek Polytechnic
    Apr 2010 - May 20102 months
    Singapore
    Helping out with execution of events and designed materials required for student engagement events. These included banners, button badges and slides.
Education
  • RMIT University
    RMIT University Graphic

RMIT University
    Bachelor's degreeCommunication Design
    2012 - 2014
    Communication Design applies to the shaping of communication across all aspects of contemporary society, from commercial, entertainment, and education, to environmental, cultural and civic sectors.
  • Temasek Polytechnic
    Temasek Polytechnic Graphic

Temasek Polytechnic
    Diploma in Visual Communication
    2007 - 2010
Licenses & Certifications
  • Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner Graphic

Amazon Web Services Cloud Practitioner
    Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Issued Dec 2019 Expires Dec 2022
    Credential ID FENKC742PJFEQ3KZ

1615769296701.png

1615769476588.png

1615769501180.png

A Toyota SW20 MR2 and a Ferrari 458 come from two extremely different countries but with the similarity of their rich history of cars. In this episode of “In The Passenger Seat”, we have Issac to share his account of sitting behind the wheel of two very different types of cars.
Issac Teh, first caught our attention when we saw a video of the MR2 called "Blackbird" on Instagram. By diving deeper into his profile, we discovered that he was also the owner of a Ferrari 360 and even recently bought a Ferrari 458.

Issac is also part of the Ferrari Club Singapore, and we're very excited to have him on "In The Passenger Seat" to get some insider information about such an exclusive club, including some of his incredible stories to share, of course!

First of all, what’s your name, age and what do you do?

Hi! I'm Issac Teh & I just hit 26 a few days back! I'm an entrepreneur & a bit of a conceptual designer!

For the people who don’t know, what car are you driving now, and what’s the story behind choosing it?

I am currently driving a Ferrari 458, coming from a Ferrari 360 just a week back!

Oh, the story of buying my first Ferrari is funny really, my then-girlfriend (now wife) dreamt that I bought a Ferrari a year back. I remembered telling her, "That's a good idea!" and the rest is history.

When you finally got the keys to your Ferrari 360 and took it out for its initial spin, what thoughts were running through your mind?

When I first collected the 360, it was like a dream. I was sleepless for a few nights before the collection, binge-watching Ferrari videos on Youtube. It felt like all of my childhood yearnings & love for Ferrari was finally fulfilled.

Driving it off the showroom was actually very scary; despite coming from the SW20 MR2 (dubbed widowmaker), it was raining heavily & the aircon was out.

So I had to handle the windows fogging up like crazy with the intense growling sound of the V8 engine behind me; not that I could see anything anyway, the whole car was one giant blind spot.

I could hardly see where I was going, and parking the super-wide Ferrari wasn't easy, plus managing the F1 gearbox is next-level stuff.

I stalled the car, could you believe it? Soon after, I sent the Transmission Control Unit (TCU) to the UK to tune the F1 Gearbox Sluggishness for custom transmission software. I was expecting a learning curve, but not like this, and it was really an eye-opener.

It was also hard to believe, as I kept asking myself, "Is this really my car?" for a good six months.

I see you’re also in the Ferrari Club SG. How is it like being in such a prestigious club, and what’s your role there?

It was insane. The first event I went to felt like a scene from Crazy Rich Asian, joining a whole group of Ferraris parking outside the Fullerton Hotel for the Chinese New Year Lou-Hei (pre-covid measures).

The club comprises a group of enthusiasts, mainly doctors, bankers, lawyers & property agents.

I am very, very honoured to be nominated as a Committee Member of the club and contribute as a Social Media representative. I’ve always enjoyed making things pretty.

What activities are there in the Ferrari Club?

We basically dine, gather, drive & have all sorts of fun.

The FOCS aims to be the best club in Singapore, and I think we are close with the list of activities we do.

They include fine dining, well-organised events, simulation drives, Formula One events, golf events, wine tasting, CNY events, gala dinners & all the organised drives (with the route planned & checked for potholes beforehand)!

How did you get into cars, and what was your earliest memory of it?

I was into cars earlier than I could remember! My mom used to tell me that I made everyone draw cars on A4 paper for me as early as 2 years old, not that I could remember!

I got into Hotwheels, Model Diecast, Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune & Initial D arcade games, RC 1:10 scale cars during my childhood. When I was 23 years old, I bought my first 1:1.

You used to own a Toyota MR2 and called it the "Blackbird", why so?
https://www.motorist.sg/article/827/in-the-passenger-seat-issac-teh-from-a-toyota-to-a-ferrari