• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fortune Telling Chinaman

jw5

Loyal
Recently I had an encounter with a fortune telling Chinaman.
He asked me in Hokkien "Ai kua mia mai?" meaning "Want to have your fortune told?"
I replied "Mai" meaning "No.
He started telling me what a great fortune I have.
I then asked him where he was from. He replied China.
I told him in Mandarin (since my Hokkien really bad) that what he was doing was illegal. I already declined, so he should stop harrassing me. He moved away.
If it had been a Singaporean to-be fortune teller, I would have been more polite and accomodating, but would still have declined the services.
Am I a "nationalist"?
What would you have done?

MentisMortis

Alfrescian
Loyal
fortunately had not encounter such things. if encountered, instead of him telling my fortune, i would tell his. :biggrin::biggrin:

Dear Gossip,

Indeed, I would have told him his fortune too. I forsee an arrest impending, on charges of fraud and cheating.

I also see a jail term of 6 months in his future.

The good news is it depends on whether the Singapore Poodle Farce would do their job.

Cheers,

MM

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fortune teller, well there is an singh guy alway come and ask me want to know my fortune.

the fxxk is, gap of a few years, in same place, both in macdonald/breakfast in london near kensington, he will walk outside, come in and ask me, then walk out.

strange.

i hate people coming to try to sell me fortune telling.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would tell him his fortune..

that he is a loser....if not he won't need to beg ppl to let him read their fortune

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I kene b4... Told him i oso noe how 2 read fortune abit... Behind him got 2 armpai sitting at the table... u shd hab seen how fast he run...:biggrin::biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
fortune teller, well there is an singh guy alway come and ask me want to know my fortune.

the fxxk is, gap of a few years, in same place, both in macdonald/breakfast in london near kensington, he will walk outside, come in and ask me, then walk out.

strange.

i hate people coming to try to sell me fortune telling.

I had a singh encounter too. Joker teased first. Asked me to think of a flower. By some crazy mind control method which he used, I chose hibiscus (a flower which doesn't even come to my mind normally) Then he shows me a piece of paper with the word "hibiscus" written on it.

No way I was buying his crap.. gave him $2 and asked him to fxxk off.

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
I then asked him where he was from. He replied China.
I told him in Mandarin (since my Hokkien really bad) that what he was doing was illegal.

Are you sure?
I have met so many China-Chinese in SG, none of them speaks Hokkien (even they are from Hokkien). Even Taiwanese-chineses do not speak Hokkien with local chinese.

If you are so brave and civic-minded to remind others of illegal activities, I challenge you to say this in the face of loan-shark guys, as they are increasingly active in this down economy.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had a singh encounter too. Joker teased first. Asked me to think of a flower. By some crazy mind control method which he used, I chose hibiscus (a flower which doesn't even come to my mind normally) Then he shows me a piece of paper with the word "hibiscus" written on it.

No way I was buying his crap.. gave him $2 and asked him to fxxk off.

singh like to fortune telling???