• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former Hougang MP Yaw apologises to voters

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1202075/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Former Hougang MP Yaw Shin Leong has broken his silence.

In a media statement, Mr Yaw apologised for the incovenience caused to Hougang voters for having to go through a by-election.

This is the first time Mr Yaw has spoken up since he was expelled from the opposition Workers' Party in February for refusing to account for his alleged extramarital affair.

Mr Yaw did not address the allegations but said he's proud of the Hougang spirit and urged voters to "keep the flame of parliamentary democracy alive by supporting the candidate in blue".

Mr Yaw also revealed that since February 15, he and his wife have travelled out of Singapore in an attempt to rebuild their lives as "private individuals away from the glare of the media".

He added that even as he begins a new chapter, both he and his wife regard Singapore as home and will be back regularly.

Mr Yaw, who was Hougang's MP for nine months, said the time he spent serving residents was most valuable and he takes pride in being able to serve residents, even for a short period of time.

- CNA/cc

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1202075/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Former Hougang MP Yaw Shin Leong has broken his silence.

In a media statement, Mr Yaw apologised for the incovenience caused to Hougang voters for having to go through a by-election.

This is the first time Mr Yaw has spoken up since he was expelled from the opposition Workers' Party in February for refusing to account for his alleged extramarital affair.

Mr Yaw did not address the allegations but said he's proud of the Hougang spirit and urged voters to "keep the flame of parliamentary democracy alive by supporting the candidate in blue".

Mr Yaw also revealed that since February 15, he and his wife have travelled out of Singapore in an attempt to rebuild their lives as "private individuals away from the glare of the media".

He added that even as he begins a new chapter, both he and his wife regard Singapore as home and will be back regularly.

Mr Yaw, who was Hougang's MP for nine months, said the time he spent serving residents was most valuable and he takes pride in being able to serve residents, even for a short period of time.

- CNA/cc

YSL is either dumb or mischievous. Of all the people, he should be the last one to make a rally call for WP, even if we believe he still has WP's interests at heart. Anything he says now can only sabo WP.

I bet LTK is cursing him right now.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
YSL is either dumb or mischievous. Of all the people, he should be the last one to make a rally call for WP, even if we believe he still has WP's interests at heart. Anything he says now can only sabo WP.

I bet LTK is cursing him right now.

I posted somewhere in this forum to expect 2 unexpected incidents after that Ah Neh resigned. Lumber 1, Ah Poh incident. Lumber 2, Ah Yaw.

GMS: Any comments?

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yaw's unwise media statement : another instance of 好心做错事。

In a sense assuming they are not double agents, GMS is also like that.

He can sleep at night becos in his own mind, his is the 2nd Class Lower Econs Hons grad having the welfare of Spore's democracy at heart with his 'strategic' and 'politically brilliant' take on policies and events.

His intention however good cannot excuse his lack of political nous and wisdom.

because the outcome of his application will be to make things worse not better.

then the human condition: pride avarice ego...

He is not so much anti-WP but anti-LTK.

All those chaps especially GMS : the subtext is in a way, they are always criticizing LTK because they would love to be in his shoes, doing all the things they felt should be done this way or that and that LTK is not doing.

What they are totally blind is that they have not discerned how LTK rose to this level of political astuteness (1991-2012 as MP i.e. winning election after election).

Speaking for myself, my political affiliation is no different than most here : that is pro-Singapore (haha safest thing to say).

I may not agree fully with his political credo but I admire his effectiveness in growing his party's electoral success for term to term. Like a heartlander school, he doesn't have the best material to start with but he has made do and instil discipline and good old fashion political smarts to build on & up.

GMS cannot submit to his leadership because Ah Seng has too many airy-fairy ideas and always felt he should be in LTK's shoes and doing more 'strategic' and 'morally superior' stuff..

But the question I will ask is:
ok
pre-GE'11, at last GMS is Sec-Gen of NSP : so he cannot say he has no platform to express his political skills in leading & organizing right?
what happens is history.
Win lose it's ok... everything has a process from gestation to growing pangs...

But where is his temerity?

For reasons best known to himself, GMS relinquished his Sec-Gen platform opting to be an anal-list or political commentator/ observer / blogger( ok he always was).

Is that the best role for you in the Singapore life political , Meng Seng?

Yaw?

Shakespearean or Greek tragedy. thinks he can have his cake & eat it as well. lacks moral rectitude. end up run road.

so it takes more than beautiful logical smart political blogging or writing masterpieces to be a People's representative worthy of the privilege of nixing it with the 'best' there is in our unicameral house of legislation...

winning an election especially for an opposition figure, takes skill, persistence, fortitude, worldly-wise ground sense and much more.

Of course, freak accidents do happen.

right time right place ride rising tide of popular discontent even the likes of SDP's Cheo and 'You-talk-cock' Ling How Doong (ex-Police office some more) can win elections in SMCs.

the rest of us?

simply wanna have our say in a free democratic society as espoused in our 'aspirational' national pledge.

oh yeah, and have fun!

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Elephanto,

Bravo to you! This is about Yaw's apology thread and you can actually turn it into GMS bashing thread! :wink:

I have to repeat this, it is not my job to help any party to win elections. I am just giving comments, analysis, opinions based on whatever facts I have to give Singaporeans, especially the middle ground, a better understanding of the political happenings in Singapore. It is only when voters have more information, they could make better informed choices.

Regrettably, for the past few months, everything went wrong for WP and naturally, I cannot avoid making assessment and provide whatever information I have to comment on it. A cook will not be able to cook anything if there isn't any ingredients given. Similarly, if WP didn't screw up so much for the past few months, absolutely no one, including me, could make any "bad comments" about it. You are blaming the wrong people; don't blame the messengers.

First World Parliament could only evolve when the democracy in Singapore matured with voters making their informed choices.

Goh Meng Seng

Yaw's unwise media statement : another instance of 好心做错事。

In a sense assuming they are not double agents, GMS is also like that.

He can sleep at night becos in his own mind, his is the 2nd Class Lower Econs Hons grad having the welfare of Spore's democracy at heart with his 'strategic' and 'politically brilliant' take on policies and events.

His intention however good cannot excuse his lack of political nous and wisdom.

because the outcome of his application will be to make things worse not better.

then the human condition: pride avarice ego...

He is not so much anti-WP but anti-LTK.

All those chaps especially GMS : the subtext is in a way, they are always criticizing LTK because they would love to be in his shoes, doing all the things they felt should be done this way or that and that LTK is not doing.

What they are totally blind is that they have not discerned how LTK rose to this level of political astuteness (1991-2012 as MP i.e. winning election after election).

Speaking for myself, my political affiliation is no different than most here : that is pro-Singapore (haha safest thing to say).

I may not agree fully with his political credo but I admire his effectiveness in growing his party's electoral success for term to term. Like a heartlander school, he doesn't have the best material to start with but he has made do and instil discipline and good old fashion political smarts to build on & up.

GMS cannot submit to his leadership because Ah Seng has too many airy-fairy ideas and always felt he should be in LTK's shoes and doing more 'strategic' and 'morally superior' stuff..

But the question I will ask is:
ok
pre-GE'11, at last GMS is Sec-Gen of NSP : so he cannot say he has no platform to express his political skills in leading & organizing right?
what happens is history.
Win lose it's ok... everything has a process from gestation to growing pangs...

But where is his temerity?

For reasons best known to himself, GMS relinquished his Sec-Gen platform opting to be an anal-list or political commentator/ observer / blogger( ok he always was).

Is that the best role for you in the Singapore life political , Meng Seng?

Yaw?

Shakespearean or Greek tragedy. thinks he can have his cake & eat it as well. lacks moral rectitude. end up run road.

so it takes more than beautiful logical smart political blogging or writing masterpieces to be a People's representative worthy of the privilege of nixing it with the 'best' there is in our unicameral house of legislation...

winning an election especially for an opposition figure, takes skill, persistence, fortitude, worldly-wise ground sense and much more.

Of course, freak accidents do happen.

right time right place ride rising tide of popular discontent even the likes of SDP's Cheo and 'You-talk-cock' Ling How Doong (ex-Police office some more) can win elections in SMCs.

the rest of us?

simply wanna have our say in a free democratic society as espoused in our 'aspirational' national pledge.

oh yeah, and have fun!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Elephanto,

Regrettably, for the past few months, everything went wrong for WP and naturally,
First World Parliament could only evolve when the democracy in Singapore matured with voters making their informed choices.

Goh Meng Seng

WP is like a sturdy tree with a couple of bad apples. It will not collapse as a result, don't hope.

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least, he's man enough to apologise, quite unlike some other MPs and Ministers who had screwed up but did not admit their mistakes to the citizens whom they are supposed to serve.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are you people so jealous of him?

I told you, if you want to fuck around, do it discreetly
This asshole got loose lips and see what happen now?
People are jealous because he is the only one who could steal a fuck on you when I was in Thighland

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I have to repeat this, it is not my job to help any party to win elections. I am just giving comments, analysis, opinions based on whatever facts I have to give Singaporeans, especially the middle ground, a better understanding of the political happenings in Singapore. It is only when voters have more information, they could make better informed choices.

regrettably, me isn't sure if you gave fair and balanced information. your analysis is off target, clouded by warped logic, almost over shadowed by some sort of megalomaniac aura that you intend to project. is TKL still on good talking terms with you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
regrettably, me isn't sure if you gave fair and balanced information. your analysis is off target, clouded by warped logic, almost over shadowed by some sort of megalomaniac aura that you intend to project. is TKL still on good talking terms with you? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why are you people so jealous of GMS?