• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Food Hygiene Down the Drain Despite Poisoned Rojak!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Got service or not?
Posted on 02 Jul, 2009 10:39
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>"My wedding banquet marred by bee in prawn dish"

A happy wedding occasion ended with disappointment and anger when STOMPer Boon Seng found a bee in one his guests' cereal prawn dishes and was not even offered a proper apology from the restaurant staff.

This STOMPer says:

"I want to express my disappointment and anger at the Joy Garden Restaurant Management and staff for serving unhygienic food and offering bad service.

"I was holding my wedding banquet at the Joy Garden Restaurant in Jurong Safra Club on the June 14.

"I was alerted by one of the guest from a table that they found a dead Bee in the cereal prawn.

"The Manager was alerted and they changed the dish.

"As I needed to entertain other guests, I did not make a big fuss about it at that point.

"Guess what, after the end of the dinner, the staff pretended that nothing has happened. I even complained to their Managing Director two days later. The female boss said that she will need to get the facts right and will get back to me.

"Up to now, it has been a week and she didn't even bother to call to explain or apologise.

"Is this the correct attitude in service sector?

"I'm not demanding any compensation, I just want a proper and sincere apology for making such an important event go bad."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 02 Jul, 2009 15:39
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Roach leg in my laksa, but stall owner 'act blur' and simply removes it

STOMPer Chong says he found a cockroach's leg in his laksa yong tau foo, but when he questioned the stall owner about it, the owner pretended it wasn't. However, the owner proceeded to pick it off his food and smash it up.

Chong says:

"I was having my lunch with my wife at a coffee shop at Jurong West.

"I ordered a laksa with some yong tau foo.

"Halfway through eating, I discovered a cockroach's leg in it.

"Both the store owner and her helper pretended that it wasn't a cockroach's leg and 'act blur'.
"The store owner pretended to pick it up and smashed the evidence (the cockroach's leg).

"I told her that I have taken the photograph and also requested her to return me the money that I paid for the food.

"I'm very annoyed with it.

"However, I did not report the incident to the NEA.

"But I told the store owner to be more careful about food hygiene in future."

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Email a Friend <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>addthis_pub = 'stomp';</SCRIPT> <SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js"></SCRIPT> <!-- AddThis Button END -->​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="/js/prototype.js"></SCRIPT><SCRIPT> function submittedComment() { focusAnchor('comment'); //alert ('You have submitted a comment.'); } function submittedRating() { focusAnchor('rating'); //alert ('You have submitted a rating to this article.'); } function focusAnchor(anchorName) { location.replace('#' + anchorName); } function doSomething() { if(document.loginForm.IDToken0.value == "") { alert ("Please enter Username"); document.loginForm.IDToken0.focus(); return false; } if(document.loginForm.IDToken1.value == "") { alert ("Please enter Password"); document.loginForm.IDToken1.focus(); return false; } }</SCRIPT>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 02 Jul, 2009 11:29
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Plastic found in drink, yet staff were so rude

STOMPer Ms Tan was appalled when she found a plastic bit in her water chestnut drink, and she got even angrier when the drink’s company staff were so rude to her.

In an MMS to STOMP today (Jul 2), the STOMPer says:

“I bought this drink and halfway through I found a curved plastic thing in my mouth.

“You can see it at the bottom right hand side of picture.

“The shape is like a nail clipping from a thumb, but it's plastic.

“I called up the company to inform them. I spoke to two different people, but their attitude was so bad.

“They said, ‘So?’ They weren't interested in where I bought the drink.

“I offered to show them this picture but they said that there’s no need to. I had to tell them where I bought the drink. Then they just told me to go back there to exchange for another.

“I don’t need another drink. I just want better quality control. What if someone chokes on this? When I asked them how come they didn't care, they said, ‘What do you expect me to do?’

“This is utterly disgraceful! I wouldn't buy products from them again!”

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 29 Jun, 2009 10:09
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>Mouldy strawberry on cake: Shop says go ahead and complain

A birthday celebration turned nasty when Cin Toh realised that the birthday cake she bought for her husband was topped with a rotten strawberry. Much to her dismay, the manager of the store also challenged her to report the case to the media.

What upsets her most is that this is not the first time the sender has purchased a mouldy cake from Bengawan Solo.

In response, Bengawan Solo has said that its staff mishandled the situation. The management apologised for the poor quality of the product purchased and believes that the situation arose due to miscommunication between its staff and the STOMPer.

In an email dated June 28, STOMPer Cin Toh says:

“It was my husband's birthday on June 28 and also the second time I bought a mouldy cake from Bengawan Solo (Toa Payoh branch).

“The first time I encountered this, the cake was bought from the West Mall branch.

“Before I bought the cake, I asked the staff if the cake was fresh but she did not reply and when I asked again she rudely replied that the cake was freshly baked on the day itself.

“However, when we cut the cake we saw that the strawberry was mouldy.

“We contacted the person in charge but all she could say was that she would exchange the cake for us.

“She also mentioned that we could go ahead and complain to the newspapers. What kind of customer service is this?

“Bengawan Solo, you have just officially lost a customer and we will definitely spread the word to our family and friends.”

Read Bengawan Solo's full response here:

"We had spoken with the STOMPer's son upon receipt of his email this morning.

"We apologised for the quality of the product purchased, for the way our staff mishandled the situation and explained how it could have happened.

"There could have been a miscommunication between the STOMPer and our staff at the point of contact.

"Nevertheless, our staff did apologise and offered to replace the cake at any outlet.

"Further to that, during our conversation with the STOMPer earlier, we have additionally offered to replace the product with any other product of her choice and at her convenience.

"As strawberries in particular are a highly sensitive fruit, we arrange for them to be delivered to us fresh everyday, 7 days a week.

"Since we do not use any artificial preservatives in any of our products, we are especially careful in the handling of our strawberries.

"We use about 1600 of them a day, and each strawberry is individually checked and coated with glazing gel to retain its freshness before being used to decorate the cakes.

"After our investigation, we found that the mould on the strawberry could have possibly developed due to an incomplete coating of the strawberry with the gel.

"We deeply regret that this happened and have stepped up checks to ensure that all fruits are properly coated before being placed on the cakes.

"We sincerely apologise for this lapse in quality and service as well as the distress caused to the STOMPer and her family. We truly appreciate her kind understanding and have settled the matter amicably."

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do