• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fishball Mee Pok at Ru Ji draws queues

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.soshiok.com/articles/13389
Fishball Mee Pok at Ru Ji draws queues

Mon Jul 13 2009
Foong Woei Wan
The Sunday Times

noodlest_sk.jpg

Seldom have I have had more thoroughly tasty fishball mee ($2 to $3 a bowl), where the fragrance of the lard and the fiery chilli are so perfectly fused. Check out Ru Ji Kitchen.

Cheap & Good
Singapore, July, 12, 2009 - I knew the fishball mee pok would be good when I joined the queue at the Ru Ji Kitchen stall in Holland Drive.

It was not the queue itself that inspired my confidence. Rather, it was that stall owner David Ng had chopsticks and was actually using them. Oblivious to the queue, he tossed the steaming noodles. In. Every. Single. Bowl.

You know how it is at most stalls now. Someone throws noodles into boiling water, scoops it out, throws it into a bowl and you are on your own.

You could walk with your rapidly cooling noodles to the end of a market, a food court or the universe, then try to toss cold, hard mee on your own with brittle, disposable chopsticks. Or you could toss everything away. Nobody cares.

Mr Ng does, however. He prepares the fishballs (mashed by a machine, shaped by hand), the chilli and the lard himself. Why leave the noodles to others?

And it makes a world of difference.

Seldom have I have had more thoroughly tasty fishball mee ($2 to $3 a bowl), where the fragrance of the lard and the fiery chilli are so perfectly fused.

A little alchemy goes a long way.

Ru Ji Kitchen
02-28 Holland Drive Market And Food Centre, Block 44, Holland Drive

Open: Mondays to Saturdays, 7am to 1pm; closed on Sundays
Food: 4 stars out of 5

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The Mee Pok behind Sim Lim Square ( Albert Street ) was good. Haven't been there for ages and I understand they have moved, wonder where are they now?