• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fire! Cockpit On Fire! MayDay! another Airbus A330 forced landed mid flight!

Lee_cunt_yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090611/ap_on_re_as/as_australia_jetstar_emergency_landing_3

Jetstar plane makes emergency landing in Guam

AP

1 hr 45 mins ago

SYDNEY – A passenger flight from Japan to Australia was forced to make an emergency landing in Guam on Thursday after a small fire broke out in the cockpit due to an electrical problem, the airline said. There were no injuries.

The Airbus 330-200 was the same type of plane that crashed last week in the Atlantic Ocean,
but the incidents appear unrelated and an airline official said problem didn't raise any new safety concerns about the aircraft.

The Jetstar plane was about four hours into its flight from Osaka to Australia's Gold Coast when the pilots noticed a small flame and smoke in the cockpit near the window, spokesman Simon Westaway said. A pilot used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire, which did not spread to the cabin, he said.

The plane, which was carrying 190 passengers and 13 crew members, landed without incident at Guam International Airport. The passengers were expected to board another plane and finish their journey to Australia later Thursday.

David Epstein, General Manager for Government and Corporate Affairs of Jetstar's parent Qantas Airways, said the electric connector of the heating element in the cockpit had malfunctioned, causing sparks and smoke but the situation was quickly brought under control.

The heating element is used to ensure that the cockpit windows don't fog up as the plane flies in cold air at high altitudes, he said.

Epstein said the incident does not raise any new safety concerns about the A330-220.

Last week, an Air France A330-200 went down while flying from Brazil to France, killing 228 people on board. Investigators are trying to determine the cause of that accident.

"The failure of the electrical connector has no bearing on our flight control system and it doesn't raise any new safety concern about the (A330-200) plane," Epstein said.

He said such incidents were not uncommon, as it has happened before on one of Qantas Boeing 747 aircraft.

Passengers Adam Power and Michelle Foord said the smell of smoke wafted through the cabin, although they did not suspect a fire.

"Four hours into the flight, we smelt like, popcorn," Power told KUAM News television at Guam.

"It didn't smell like fire," Foord added. "Someone mentioned something about a window."

The Jetstar plane in question had begun flying in 2007, Epstein said.

Qantas was sending engineers to Guam Thursday to inspect the plane, which is under quarantine there, and the Australian Transport Safety Bureau will lead an investigation into the cause of the fire, he said.

___

Associated Press writer Eileen Ng in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, contributed to this story.

flkyflky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Fire! Cockpit On Fire! MayDay! SIA Airbus A330 fucking SAFE?

Fucking SIA CB said their Airbus A330 are the VERY SAFE PLANES!

KNN CCB!

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fxxking SIA CB said their Airbus A330 are the VERY SAFE PLANES! xyzp!

If you don't trust SIA with its new planes and safety record, don't take the planes loh, what's the issue? Go take GARUDA - cheap and good?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you don't trust SIA with its new planes and safety record, don't take the planes loh, what's the issue? Go take GARUDA - cheap and good?

i will never take plane from SIA even if it is given free to me.

ejected.president

Alfrescian
Loyal

i will never take plane from SIA even if it is given free to me.

I also will never board any SQ nor MI nor Tiger planes for sake of my own safety.

Pak Si Boh Che - 打死不坐。

I will fly MH or any other airlines like PRC or HK or Taiwanese or Thai or Japanese.

The GHOSTS of SQ006 & MI185 still have not rested their souls for dying wrongful deaths.