• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally! Tissue seat choper gets pwned

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>This Urban Jungle
Posted on 23 Mar, 2009 14:21
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>"I chope seats with tissue paper but woman and friend take them"

STOMPer Choppy alleges that this woman and her male friend took up seats which the STOMPer ¡®choped¡¯ with tissue paper at the Marina Square food court, even though they were told that the seats were taken later on.

In an email to STOMP today (Mar 23), the STOMPer wrote:

¡°I have a bad encounter with this woman and her male friend during lunchtime at Marina Square food court.

¡°I know that there are two different camps on the issue of ¡®choping¡¯ seats using tissue paper.

¡°I belong to the ¡®local¡¯ team (agreeing to use tissue paper) as this has been the culture in Singapore for many years.

¡°During the usual lunchtime crowd, it is not uncommon to see the empty tables being reserved by packets of tissue paper. Likewise, I did so by putting two packets there and went on to buy my lunch.

When I came back, this woman and a guy were sitting on my table.

¡°I told him politely that the seats were taken.

¡°He was not appalled but went on to retaliate that it was only occupied by twp packets of tissue paper.

¡°In a calm mode, I remarked that he was rude. He went on to comment that we were discourteous instead.

¡°Not wanting to prolong the argument, I stopped by saying ¡®never mind¡¯.

¡°He went on to tell his friend that he read about this issue in the papers and internet and how much he disagreed with those in the ¡®local¡¯ camp.

¡°Subsequently, after lamenting for a good five minutes, he shut his mouth and went on his own to grab his lunch.

¡°My female companion came along and took the seat beside the lady but this lady had the cheek to tell her that the seats were all taken.

¡°I told her bluntly that I have warned her about the taken seats prior to this. She went on to argue that we were wrong.

The STOMPer added that both parties snapped pictures of each other.

The STOMPer also claimed that this woman walked off after the STOMPer and his friend continued to ignore whilst they were having their lunch.

¡°But before she left, she continued her grumblings and lamented how ashamed she felt being a Singaporean. I was polite and only bade her goodbye.

¡°I would like to clarify that there are no rights or wrongs in this issue.

¡°However, having live in and knowing about this culture, I have learnt to embrace it. As mentioned earlier, it is not uncommon to see such sights.¡±

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am in the tissue paper mean nothing camp.

they should outlaw tissue paper chop seat idea.

dariobadis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don agree on tissue to chop seats. If going in group can take turn to buy food. alone can just share table. What i hate the most is ppl who refuse to let others to share their table even there is seats, its really shameless and selfish. Dont do on others what you dont like to be done on you.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm for the tissue paper camp. Simply cos it improves efficiency. All members of the team get their food faster and leave faster. Turnover is speeded up.

The ones who feel ashamed allow their egos to overwhelm themselves and feel slighted by a lousy pack of tissue paper. They should let go of their pride and think rationally.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a waste! I thought there would be a free lunchtime wrestling or catfight show at the hawker centre. Why can't they tahpow the food and go to some quiet open space and enjoy the food?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will do the same . Just sit down if I see the tissue without people on the table.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chopping seat using tissue paper is a very sinkie behavior.

in thailand, the prostitute will guard the seats for u machiam dogs..

ask CB Kia tonychat.. his prostitutes provides seat-guarding services besides the usual CIM, COB, COF, AR, AJ, CON ( cum on nostrils) etc..:biggrin:

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fyi, i throw away whatever item place on any table without people sitting on. You wanna reserve, one of you better be there.

jw5

Loyal
I don agree on tissue to chop seats. If going in group can take turn to buy food. alone can just share table. What i hate the most is ppl who refuse to let others to share their table even there is seats, its really shameless and selfish. Dont do on others what you dont like to be done on you.
I hate people who don't share seats as well.
Nowadays, I will just sit down. If they object, I will ask them where their invisible dining companion is. If they still insist that the seat is occupied or unavailable, I will insist that they show me the rental agreement (for renting the table) between them and the foodcourt.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm for the tissue paper camp. Simply cos it improves efficiency. All members of the team get their food faster and leave faster. Turnover is speeded up.

The ones who feel ashamed allow their egos to overwhelm themselves and feel slighted by a lousy pack of tissue paper. They should let go of their pride and think rationally.

This assumes that the group of people would promptly leave their seats the moment they have finished eating. That rarely happens. If people go out in a group to have lunch, their lunch includes eating and chatting (and sipping a drink) and usually lasts for the entire duration of their lunch hour.

Those who operate food courts (the duty managers) should take it upon themselves to remove any packets of tissue paper they see on tables. NEA officers should also do the same at hawker centres. This is the only way to eradicate this habit.

Addadude

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who operate food courts (the duty managers) should take it upon themselves to remove any packets of tissue paper they see on tables. NEA officers should also do the same at hawker centres. This is the only way to eradicate this habit.

I fully agree! Well said sir! :smile:

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not really. Let's say the food court is really crowded and it takes 10 mins to buy lunch. In 10 mins, a well trained NS slave can easily finish his food so turnover is actually -1.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
I consider using tissue paper to "chope" seats a bad social behaviour. If you want to reserve seats then have someone in your group sit at the table while the rest go get their food. Just like in a queue someone needs to be physically present to claim his position in the queue. Using personal property like plastic bag etc is again ill social behaviour.

Now to those in the "for tissue paper" camp, please don't hide and claim it is the culture here. It has never been the culture and should never be. It's just bad and disgraceful behaviour.

If I see tissue paper used to "chope" seats I will remove them too.

You all know which camp I am in.