• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally! Tissue seat choper gets pwned

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Urban Jungle
Posted on 23 Mar, 2009 14:21
"I chope seats with tissue paper but woman and friend take them"

getMediumSizePhoto.do

STOMPer Choppy alleges that this woman and her male friend took up seats which the STOMPer ‘choped’ with tissue paper at the Marina Square food court, even though they were told that the seats were taken later on.

In an email to STOMP today (Mar 23), the STOMPer wrote:

“I have a bad encounter with this woman and her male friend during lunchtime at Marina Square food court.

“I know that there are two different camps on the issue of ‘choping’ seats using tissue paper.

“I belong to the ‘local’ team (agreeing to use tissue paper) as this has been the culture in Singapore for many years.

“During the usual lunchtime crowd, it is not uncommon to see the empty tables being reserved by packets of tissue paper. Likewise, I did so by putting two packets there and went on to buy my lunch.

When I came back, this woman and a guy were sitting on my table.

“I told him politely that the seats were taken.

“He was not appalled but went on to retaliate that it was only occupied by twp packets of tissue paper.

“In a calm mode, I remarked that he was rude. He went on to comment that we were discourteous instead.

“Not wanting to prolong the argument, I stopped by saying ‘never mind’.

“He went on to tell his friend that he read about this issue in the papers and internet and how much he disagreed with those in the ‘local’ camp.

“Subsequently, after lamenting for a good five minutes, he shut his mouth and went on his own to grab his lunch.

“My female companion came along and took the seat beside the lady but this lady had the cheek to tell her that the seats were all taken.

“I told her bluntly that I have warned her about the taken seats prior to this. She went on to argue that we were wrong.

The STOMPer added that both parties snapped pictures of each other.

The STOMPer also claimed that this woman walked off after the STOMPer and his friend continued to ignore whilst they were having their lunch.

“But before she left, she continued her grumblings and lamented how ashamed she felt being a Singaporean. I was polite and only bade her goodbye.

“I would like to clarify that there are no rights or wrongs in this issue.

“However, having live in and knowing about this culture, I have learnt to embrace it. As mentioned earlier, it is not uncommon to see such sights.”

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
alamak! ... comprain n comprain! ...

both oso nt happy ... bang table n fite it out la! ...

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
“However, having live in and knowing about this culture, I have learnt to embrace it. As mentioned earlier, it is not uncommon to see such sights.”

you call reserving seats with tissue paper a culture?

but my own sinkie culture disapproved of this?

how? if you want to reserve seats, you damn well be present at the table.

wah tissue paper more powerful than humans?

knee before the tissues, all of you sinkies!

Main Entry:
1cul·ture
Pronunciation:
\ˈkəl-chər\
Function:
noun
Etymology:
Middle English, cultivated land, cultivation, from Anglo-French, from Latin cultura, from cultus, past participle
Date:
15th century
1: cultivation , tillage
2: the act of developing the intellectual and moral faculties especially by education
3: expert care and training <beauty culture>
4 a: enlightenment and excellence of taste acquired by intellectual and aesthetic training b: acquaintance with and taste in fine arts, humanities, and broad aspects of science as distinguished from vocational and technical skills
5 a: the integrated pattern of human knowledge, belief, and behavior that depends upon the capacity for learning and transmitting knowledge to succeeding generations b: the customary beliefs, social forms, and material traits of a racial, religious, or social group ; also : the characteristic features of everyday existence (as diversions or a way of life} shared by people in a place or time <popular culture> <southern culture> c: the set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization <a corporate culture focused on the bottom line> d: the set of values, conventions, or social practices associated with a particular field, activity, or societal characteristic <studying the effect of computers on print culture> <changing the culture of materialism will take time — Peggy O'Mara>
6: the act or process of cultivating living material (as bacteria or viruses) in prepared nutrient media ; also : a product of such cultivation

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
the lady has a partner for lunch, they could have take turn and buy their food.

if she is alone i can understand the "choping with tissue" thing.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Silly idea of choping seats with tissue paper!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Might as well use stained sanitary pads to chope place?

Confirmed nobody will go touch one!

:biggrin: