• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Finally some tough questions for our Millionaires!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey you are paid millions at least have a common decency to reply to your taxpayers. :biggrin:

Dear George,

No, I do not expect you to hold views that are different from that of the PAP. This was why I was surprised that you did not want to involve the PAP in the discussions. Like it or not, because you are a PAP Minister, what you say necessarily involves the party and your ministry.

On to the issues: Why can't Singaporeans who work 44 hours a week be paid a decent wage, one that is enough for them to survive without depending on programmes and handouts? Why can't they be paid their worth so that they can be financially independent? Handouts demean workers and enslave them to the dispenser.

There are many Singaporeans currently taking on full-time jobs who are paid so poorly that they cannot pay their bills, send their children to school, or live decent lives. At the same time, you and your fellow ministers pay yourselves million-dollar salaries.

From your reply, you obviously feel that your salary and the salaries of our working poor are economically and morally justified. I would like to ask you the reasons behind your justification. Should we not at least introduce Minimum Wage in Singapore?

On my second question, Parliament did not deal with the issue of CASE being allowed to hold a procession while my friends and I were arrested while doing the same for our Tak Boleh Tahan event. I asked you whether this discrimination is allowed under our Constitution. I would be grateful for your response, please.

Third, I raised the issue of the GIC and Temasek not being transparent and accountable even though they handle public monies. I note that you didn't respond to this point. Again, would be grateful for your thoughts on this.

The transition failure between Ho Ching and Chip Goodyear exemplifies what I mean about the non-transparency issue. Other than a brief and general statement from Temasek, little else is known about why Chip did not continue as CEO. Can the Government be more forthcoming with information on this?

The reason I posted this message to your inbox is because I did not want to detract from the ongoing discussion over the Burmese issue. But I have just requested to be your Facebook friend. Please note that our discussion is still a matter of public interest and I will continue to post it on the SDP's website.

Soon Juan

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lao even without minimum wage scheme in Sinkapore, so many manufacturing plants move out liao. If there is minimum wage, HON GAN BIG TIME!

Doctor oh doctor...pls go see a doctor!

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee got a point for minimum wage. Those white scum ministers' pay are convienently peg 7 highest occupation. But do their job as minister same as those 7 occupations? Or is their job to take care of the people? Remember it is the people that voted them in, and they are prospering by millions dollar paycheck while people are suffering. Where is the logic? :confused: