• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Feng Shui & Singapore - looks like it came out of Ripleys "You'd better believe it!"

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feng Shui & Singapore - looks like it came out of Ripleys "You'd better believe it!"

Did you always believe that it was only the poorly-educated Singaporeans who
believed in feng shui and all that unscientific mumbo-jumbo? Well, I did
until I started to pay attention to the conversation around my parents'
dinner table. Then I discovered that maybe I did not know as much as
I
thought I did. So, here goes .....

WHY PLANT TREES?

Ever wonder why Singapore is known as a Garden City. Why would Singapore go
around planting trees? After all, m
aintaining a Garden City is very
expensive. Well, here's the answer --if you were to look at Singapore from
the top, Singapore resembles a crab, with its mouth the Singapore river and
its back facing Malaysia . We all know that cooked crabs (that means dead
crabs) are red, the colour of barren ground. But a live crab is basically a
dark shade of green. So, by planting trees, you make Singapore look
green and not red, and therefore alive.

TWO PROMINENT DISTRICTS

Lee Kuan Yew runs Tanjung Pagar while Goh Chok Tong is in Marine Parade. If
you look at Singapore as a crab ag
ain, these two locations are situated at
the positions where the claws of a crab will be. We know the strongest parts
of a crab are its claws, so there they are.

HOW SINGAPORE WAS CONQUERED

To kill a crab, you stick the chopstick at the side of the crab...which is
exactly where the Japanese attacked and conquered Singapore.

KALLANG RIVER CLEAN-UP

Why clean up a river that spells different memories for many
Singaporeans
and was one of the reasons for our prosperity in the early years? During the
80's recession, we had just completed the Benjamin Sheares Bridge which
happens to suspend over the Singapore river, the mouth of the crab. This is
as good as tying the mouth of the crab, thus choking it ... which explains
the recession. In order to get out of it, one way was to clean up the river
so that the mouth is clean and wealth can flow in without obstruction.
Sounds unbelievable? But it seems logical, doesn't it?

NBC

Here's another thing for you to think about whether you believe it or not.
Please reach into your pocket and search for a one-dollar coin, and take a<
B>good look at it. It is round, no doubt, but it also has a unique Octagonaldesign - which is an important symbol in Chinese Geomancy or feng shui. Thisis where the story of this coin begins. On the island of Singapore lived avery influential man named Lee. He is very particular about feng shui, i.e.man's balance with nature. There is a particular day and also ti
me of dayto inaugurate any important event. There is also a particular colour of dress,when it comes to important occasions, and so on. He has a feng shui mentor -a famous monk, a particular Venerable who died recently. Lee would seek theadvice of this Venerable, whenever he had to make an important decision. Theone-dollar coin came into circulation at the time of the MRT construction onthe island (check the date if you don't believe me). The story goes that theVenerable had advised Lee that MRT tunnelling work would be bad for the fengshui of the island, its prosperity, etc. Firm however on pushing ahead withthe project, Lee asked if there was anything that could be done tocircumvent the bad feng shui. 'Yes', replied the Venerable, 'but it may beimpossible to implement'. Said Lee to the Venerable - please speak. The
Venerable then said that EVERY household on this island must have or mustdisplay a 'pak kwa' or a symbolic octagonal (8-sided) object. Oh no,there would definitely be racial riots. How could Lee force every household tohave a 'pak kwa' then at home? Hehheh... said the wise Lee - I have anidea. I know how to make EVERYBODY like to have as many 'pak kwas' aspossible and so our one-dollar coin was born. NEXT CHAPTER ... But then, the economy didn't do quite as well as expected after thecirculation of the one-dollar coin. Remember the '85/86 recession?? So theHonorary V
enerable was consulted again. He said that whilst the one-dollarcoin did symbolise the pak kwa, it was of no use if everyone had it in hispocket and failed to DISPLAY it. So the next novel idea was born - the ROADTAX LABEL If you recall, it used to be round and now, it's OCTAGONAL and itis DISPLAYED. Maybe now, you think this explains the many years of boomingeconomy Singapore had been experiencing. However, with the recent turmoil in the region and now that the Venerable*is no longer around, what shall we do next? Know any feng shui experts? *By the way, the monk mentioned is the ex-head of a temple. When he passedaway several years ago, Bishan Park was born because his temple was notallowed to be blocked by any HDB flats.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Feng Shui & Singapore - looks like it came out of Ripleys "You'd better believe i

... Singapore resembles a crab ...
ah! ... dat explains y sporeans wok sideways (橫行) ... n full of arrogance? ... :p :biggrin:

... Lee Kuan Yew runs Tanjung Pagar while Goh Chok Tong is in Marine Parade. If
you look at Singapore as a crab ag
ain, these two locations are situated at
the positions where the claws of a crab will be. We know the strongest parts
of a crab are its claws, so there they are ...

... To kill a crab, you stick the chopstick at the side of the crab ...
u sure anot? ... ppl kil crabs by simply peeling away its top shelll fr ze side ...

ofcos, 2 play safe n ensure dat it does not use iz pincers 2 attack u, detach iz 2 pincers 1st ... :wink:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Feng Shui & Singapore - looks like it came out of Ripleys "You'd better believe i

very interesting...what about sands three tablets and three graves in front?...no fengshui for these bad things in singapore? anyway to cancel the bad fengshui?

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal

A load of rubbish.

Thatz why Fengshui master can con people for years and nobody will suspect
anything.

I can say you gonna have sthg unpleasant things happened later....but can be avoided if you do enough good deeds.

and what happen next is...

1. When you had a mishap...u actually think master is right in his predictions and you blame urself for not following his instructions.

2. When nothing happen...u tot u done enuff good deeds to siam that mishap.

3. When u done good deeds and still kanna mishap....u will probably think ...u done NOT enuff good deeds.

No matter wat...Fengshui or Fortune master is always right.
Coz they will neber give u a definite answer.
Always in the grey area.

:o :biggrin: :o

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

sigh a load of crap!!! heard this many times etc. how come brunei has no pak kwa and yet so prosperous. how come so much bad news recently esp when alot more local people practise this fengshui stuff in past few years. it seems the more people beleive in it the worse the economy.
When would these people wake up and stop being so superstitious . This is 21st century and you have people behaving like they live in 5th century BC and at the same time using electricity(this make the phone works and not some feng shui!!!!) and cell phones. Just to illustrate my point to silence all these pseudo masters :
Look in 2006 World cup football finals between Italy and France when feng shui euphoria was around, one of the local newspaper asked 7 top local feng shui experts to predict who would win. 6 out of 7 predicted France as they were so coock sure as to say the feng shui is in France favour!!!! ALL this was published on the eve of the final. All crap as we know Italy was crowned champion after beating France . The next day all the feng shui "experts" suddenly shut up!!!!!!! Like some as#holes. ALL this was published in the papers. Look it up in the library. 6 out of 7 wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. even by probability just by tossing a coin, you can get at least 3.5 experts correct!!!! It seemed they are good at being wrong!!!! and using advanced statistical calculations/models you have a 99.99% confidence interval PROOF that they were bullsh##ting or only good at getting it wrong(look at old newspapers for the story and ask any true statistician what I said and he would know what I meant). Worse how come nobody interview all these crap talkers after the failed prediction.
another incident....... this time about feng shui prediction given to princess diana by one of HK top experts about her life being happy and long when she visited HK in 1980s. We know how her life turned out and that prediction or fortune telling was so wrong!!!
It is all crap, go and dig up all the feng shui predictions made by all these experts in 2007 about their predictions in 2008(go to library and read their past predictions). Alot of them said in 2008 the economy would boom and housing and property being earth related would be very good and sky rocket iand banking would be a safe bet. GO AHEAD AND READ WHAT THEY SAID LAST YEAR. ITS ALL IN THE LIBRARY. all b#llsh!t WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE STOCK MARKET TODAY, the IRs and Banks going down!!!. All these feng shui is crap and just like the lehman bros minibonds and bankers, only alot of fools would believe them. same with the arowana fishes and big headed fishes craze a few years back . the only people to benefit from all these crap are these "masters" who publish such books with vague predictions and if they are wrong they would just quietly spin another tale. There are alot of these pseudo masters nowadays. in life just by guessing you can be right 50% of the time like in the stock market indexes(either up or down). anybody can call himself a fengshui master, same like alot of these bankers who talk c#ck. how come not a single feng shui "master" predicted the financial crises/tsunami that hit us this year???????? BTW i did predicted it 2 years ago just by using my common sense.

Last edited:

LeeLaoPeh

Alfrescian
Loyal

aiyah dont get so angry

feng shui this thing cannot safe you if you want to die or kill you if you are healthy

feng shui is only like a 'turbo' to help you go faster , or hump to slow u down

ultimately your success or failure is result from your own decision and hard work

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

crabs like crap... now that explains why sinkees are so dumb...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

fengshui is a billion dollar industry.and yet everything collapses. u can't escape your own fate and destiny.your karma is responsible for everything. u can't escape. you sow your own fate and destiny.so be very careful when you open you mouth! open your mind! and start any action with your body! you kill yourself.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... The next day all the feng shui "experts" suddenly shut up!!!!!!!...
mayb feng shui isnt crap ... but ze so-called fengshui experts r ... :wink: :p

their kung-fu nt gd enuf ...

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal

if all listed were indeed authentic, then i think we just sealed the fate of this crab (crap).

the ECP & sheares bridge spans across the river in the south, the marina barge and proposed marine reservoir has dykes that seals the water passage as well.

the fugly wheel of misfortune isnt really gonna channel much wealth, since its pointless to ride & watch a big pile of mess. while the halved durians seem to resemble tumor choking the crab. the 3 tablets up & coming dont seem to be of any good for the crab as well - since its only gonna attract more parasites into the system.

to kill a crab, is to hit it where it hurts most, drive a stake or knife on its underside, and that's exactly what swissotel looks like.

the 2 pincers made of the 2 largest chunk of GRC in town r now getting old too.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why let Goh Chok Tong manage Marine Parade if it is one of the crab's claw ? Shouldn't the PM, Pinky Swaying Willow, be the one at Marine Parade ? Why let a used condom or spent bullet landed in Marine Parade? This crap !!

Next, why LKY says we are in the golden period ?

Sorry, it is not only Singapore. It is worldwide !! For the next 16 years, major events will unfold, undergo a major world economy re-engineering. All the negative events, companies with bad management, bad intentions, and evil thoughts will be weed out.

Why ??? Pluto enters Capricorn !!

Hahahaaa... from one crap to another crap. But, please enter the craps.

craps removed