• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Feer: Pressure Builds On Singapore's System Part I

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PAP exists because the people ALLOW them to exist! They may complain about it all the time but will gladly take their $300 bribes during elections and re-vote them.

Democracy will come when the people decide they've had enough and take to the streets a la Thailand. Throughout history, we see that human rights are not a given - they must be fought for and won with sacrifice.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the FEER expresses itself quite well.

The fact of the matter is that once a person expresses his opinion, his biasness shows. The question is therefore not so much the biasness (which applies also to those who criticises) but rather the truth, if any, embedded in his opinions.

one2unite

Alfrescian
Loyal
Realistically speaking, I do not see Dr Chee becoming PM. What is more likely is a PAP split sometime in the future after LKY passes on.:wink:

It's for the people to decide, in a free and fair elections with a free and pluralistic media, who should be their prime minister. Only in a dictatorship, a proven incompetent offspring is anointed as PM.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well say what you will but I think ironically even under "free and fair elections" PAPs shall probably come up trumps at a GE albeit with a reduced majority because the majority of Singaporeans still appear to value stability both economic and political, for now at least. Singgies are afterall a pragmatic lot and they want to have their cake and eat it:wink:

It's for the people to decide, in a free and fair elections with a free and pluralistic media, who should be their prime minister. Only in a dictatorship, a proven incompetent offspring is anointed as PM.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact of the matter is that once a person expresses his opinion, his biasness shows. ....

Isn't FEER being sued for their previous artical on Chee & Singapore, last year right. What happened to that case?

Did Lee & Co decide to let the matter drop??:confused: