• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Fault Lies on Naughty PRC FTrash Kid?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>The customer may not always be right
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I READ Mr Su Sicheng's (PRC?) Forum Online letter, 'Restaurant should react to accident appropriately' (July 29).
It is unfair to blame McDonald's solely. I witnessed the accident and in my view, it was due to the negligence of the boy's mother, who was not minding him.
This is what I saw. The boy was playing with the door. He was pushing and pulling it for quite some time.
At one point, he opened the door and pushed it to the maximum limit. There was a loud bang and the glass shattered. He was lucky it was tempered glass.
While the boy was playing with the door, his mother was not even looking at him; she was looking at the roadside.
Why was she not injured if she was near the boy? That is why she had many unanswered questions, as she was not aware of what the boy was doing.
After the door collapsed, the boy ran to his mother in tears and pleaded with her not to reprimand him, which confirmed to me that he knew he had done something wrong.
The boy had cuts on the arms, but his head did not seem severely injured, as mentioned in the report, 'Boy slashed as glass door shatters at McDonald's' (July 27), as there was no blood dripping down.
My view is that McDonald's was not being defensive as the Forum Online letter suggested, but logical. Glass doors are safe; if not, why would every shopping centre have them?
The sfaff at McDonald's did the right thing by suggesting that the mother and son seek professional medical help by visiting a doctor. It would not have been prudent for the restaurant staff to tend to the boy's injuries.
In first aid training, we are taught not to touch any glass if glass cuts occur. And in this case, there were a number of glass cuts on the boy.
Junaidah Jumari (Ms)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->