• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FARK AssBAss!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Good Samaritan chips in with coins for bus fare
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I WOULD like to offer my heartfelt thanks to a fellow commuter on bus service 145 on Thursday.
It was around 7pm when I boarded the bus from the bus stop after Queenstown MRT station. As I had lost my student ez-link card a few days back, I had to pay in coins. After dropping 55 cents in the machine, the bus captain asked me to produce my ez-link card as proof to pay student fare. I was unable to do so and was told I needed to pay $1 instead. All I had on me was a few $10 bills and another 20-cent coin. Still needing an extra 25 cents to pay the full $1, I was at a loss what to do.
A middle-aged man sitting at the front of the bus came up and asked the bus captain how much more was needed, before fishing out his coins and paying another 30 cents for me. He waved off my thanks as though it was something he ought to do.
I want to extend my gratitude and appreciation to that Good Samaritan, whom I did not have the chance to thank enough. I am touched by his generosity and instinctive effort to help people in need without wishing anything in return. Choo Cui Ling (Miss)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Daughter hurt in bus accident but SMRT didn't bother
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->MY DAUGHTER, aged 15, was on SMRT bus service 980 on June 3 when it met with an accident along Upper Thomson Road.
She and several other passengers were simply told to board the next bus and a complimentary ticket was given without any concern for injuries sustained. No ambulance was called to the scene.
My daughter's right arm was swollen and the right side of her body was in pain while her right thumb was bruised and bleeding. Not even a plaster was offered.
I wrote to SMRT and asked for a medical review by its doctors but was turned down twice. I was instead advised to lodge a police report, take my daughter to a GP myself and later try to claim for it.
I have made the police report but I still do not understand why I have to pay my daughter's medical expenses. Nor Azlan Sulaiman

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Ez-link card was tapped but should green light be on too?

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->ON THURSDAY at about 6.10pm, another passenger and I boarded service 985 at Block 503, Bukit Batok Avenue 2. The bus was not crowded.
Three stops away, Mr Wong Yiu Leung boarded to check our ez-link cards. I passed mine to him but he said it had not been tapped. I explained that I heard the beeping sound when I boarded. I asked him to retap my card, and he agreed.
Then he took a paper to indicate that I could be fined $20. I told him that was not reasonable as I did tap my card and heard the beep. He insisted that I should not only hear the beep but also ensure that the green light was on. I told him this was the first time I had been told to look out for the green light. He said I could report the matter to the Land Transport Authority. Then he changed his mind, and wanted to make me pay the fine. I refused, and then he tapped the card.
Once I reached Choa Chu Kang bus interchange, I checked at the counter. I was told the beep indicated that the card had been tapped. Then the bus driver, Mr Cui Xiu Chuan, came over to the counter and confirmed he had heard the beep.
I wonder what is the proper protocol. Are we at the mercy of staff like Mr Wong? He even suggested that I pay the fine and then appeal. Lau Suan Bee (Mdm)