• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

F*** You Town Council!

Privpho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, just wanna share something which made me very angry today.

When returning home in the morning after a trip to the market, I noticed that a sign marked 'training in progress' had been put up at my HDB lift lobby. The lobby was crowded with a group of people of different nationalities. They seemed to be cleaners-in-training, employed on cheap and low wages by our government during these bad times. Quite a few seemed to be Cambodian, others Indian and also some from China. :oIo::oIo:

Anyway, they were all watching this one guy who was demonstrating how to wash a rag in a pail of soapy water. I did not think much of it at that time before stepping into the lift to go home.

However, knnbccb, just a few hours later, when I had to use the lift again, I realised that the so-called foreign-talent 'cleaners' had completely despoiled the once clean and newly-built lift. Knn, dirty rags had obviously been used to clean the floor of the lift, the buttons and the walls ALL AT ONE SHOT. The walls of the lift were now covered with grime and dirt which had never been there before. In addition, a horrible smell pervaded the lift.

Is this how our town council funds are used??? To hire cheap foreign labour who do not even care about cleaning their allotted areas properly and who are also not trained properly... whoever heard of proper cleaning training being carried out in a lift lobby?? It was clearly a case of monkey see monkey do, the supervisor demonstrates, the foreign cleaners imitate. But knn imitate until so poorly!! :oIo:

My point being, if want to spend the money to hire foreign workers to clean HDB estates during these difficult times, at least make sure that they are up to the task and qualified enough la!!! I wonder what happened to the aged Singaporean uncle who used to keep my estate clean... probably retrenched already so that these new foreign talent can get their pay!!!

Town Council, :oIo:

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, just wanna share something which made me very angry today.

When returning home in the morning after a trip to the market, I noticed that a sign marked 'training in progress' had been put up at my HDB lift lobby. The lobby was crowded with a group of people of different nationalities. They seemed to be cleaners-in-training, employed on cheap and low wages by our government during these bad times. Quite a few ...

I think you just answered your own question on why the job had been badly done. Cool down, and think if you would have done a better job if you were in any of the cleaners' shoes.

If yes, I suggest you apply. If not, then don't get cheesed off, because for all you know, others could be appalled at your own handiwork.

Privpho

Alfrescian
Loyal
So judging by what you say, the cleaners should have a free hand in f***ing up the estate just because they are not fully-trained?

All the more they shouldn't be allowed to start the formal cleaning!

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
So judging by what you say, the cleaners should have a free hand in f***ing up the estate just because they are not fully-trained?

All the more they shouldn't be allowed to start the formal cleaning!

It wasn't formal - it was training in progress. Since now cleaning work is usually sub-contracted out to private companies, you should be asking the question why is the cleaning company using the estate area as a 'training area'? Shouldn't training be conducted in the company's own premises, and then trained cleaners to be dispatched out with regularatory inspections?

You had a right to voice your anger - just that it wasn't targeted at the root problem - the private cleaning companies.