• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Experience at Thio Li Ann's new media breakfast

temasekreview

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Wednesday morning for this week was rather unusual. I had an appointment in a church. It was something called the New Media Breakfast organized by ATRIA and held at the Kum Yan Methodist Church.

I was pleasantly surprised when a generous breakfast of McDonald’s muffins and coffee was indeed served to the mostly Christian crowd which numbered 45-50.

They had gathered there to listen to former NMP Prof Thio Li-ann speak on, “Debating Values in the Public Square”, and the soft-launch of Singapore’s latest news hub, Singanews, by its CEO, Mathew Yap. It was publicized as a decidedly Christian affair, held at in a church and presenting the Christian point of view with regards to public space.

Atria on the poster of the event was described as “an interchurch community that works to connect the Church in new media and amplify Christian ministry and enterprise with industry knowledge and capacities.”

According to the introduction by the moderator of the event, Atria was started about a year ago with a bloggers’ conference, and lately it has focused on helping church leaders to connect with the latest happenings on the internet.

Read rest of article here:

http://temasekreview.com/?p=13485

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Wednesday morning for this week was rather unusual. I had an appointment in a church. It was something called the New Media Breakfast organized by ATRIA and held at the Kum Yan Methodist Church.

I was pleasantly surprised when a generous breakfast of McDonald’s muffins and coffee was indeed served to the mostly Christian crowd which numbered 45-50.

They had gathered there to listen to former NMP Prof Thio Li-ann speak on, “Debating Values in the Public Square”, and the soft-launch of Singapore’s latest news hub, Singanews, by its CEO, Mathew Yap. It was publicized as a decidedly Christian affair, held at in a church and presenting the Christian point of view with regards to public space.

Atria on the poster of the event was described as “an interchurch community that works to connect the Church in new media and amplify Christian ministry and enterprise with industry knowledge and capacities.”

According to the introduction by the moderator of the event, Atria was started about a year ago with a bloggers’ conference, and lately it has focused on helping church leaders to connect with the latest happenings on the internet.

Read rest of article here:

http://temasekreview.com/?p=13485

AWARE II ?? That old hag never gives up?