• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Excellent service by OCBC staff.

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money: 'Bank staff told us that as we were so fearful, it would be safer to place our money underneath our pillows and sleep on it.'
ON SEPT 28, my husband and I visited the OCBC Branch at HarbourFront Centre to bank in money. We were attended to by a woman counter staff. As the amount involved was quite substantial, we were apprehensive about the available schemes offered and requested further details.
In response to our queries the staff brusquely told us that as we were so fearful, it would be safer to place our money underneath our pillows and sleep on it.

To further display her annoyance she folded the paper containing particulars of the available schemes. In effect, it was as good as telling us to leave.

Stunned and insulted, we lodged a complaint with the manager.

On Tuesday, I received a letter from the bank, dated Oct 2, which offered a curt and completely unsatisfactory reply.

Is it the bank's policy to tell their customers that it is much safer to keep their monies at home underneath their pillows instead of depositing it in a bank?

And why does it take eight days to reply?

Their advertised slogan, 'when it comes to security and peace of mind, we give you more than our word' stands in stark contrast to the service we received.

Ng Gek Hai (Madam)

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST+Forum/Online+Story/STIStory_287867.html

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money: 'Bank staff told us that as we were so fearful, it would be safer to place our money underneath our pillows and sleep on it.'
ON SEPT 28, my husband and I visited the OCBC Branch at HarbourFront Centre to bank in money. We were attended to by a woman counter staff. As the amount involved was quite substantial, we were apprehensive about the available schemes offered and requested further details.
In response to our queries the staff brusquely told us that as we were so fearful, it would be safer to place our money underneath our pillows and sleep on it.

To further display her annoyance she folded the paper containing particulars of the available schemes. In effect, it was as good as telling us to leave.

On Tuesday, I received a letter from the bank, dated Oct 2, which offered a curt and completely unsatisfactory reply.

Is it the bank's policy to tell their customers that it is much safer to keep their monies at home underneath their pillows instead of depositing it in a bank?

Their advertised slogan, 'when it comes to security and peace of mind, we give you more than our word' stands in stark contrast to the service we received.

Ng Gek Hai (Madam)

She is probably one of those Ah Sohs who think her $25,000 is a huge amount of money. And must have been asking and asking and asking until the counter girl beh tahan.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is probably one of those Ah Sohs who think her $25,000 is a huge amount of money. And must have been asking and asking and asking until the counter girl beh tahan.

I think it is more likely they keep asking those super "deep" financial and technical terms which the counter girl doesnt even know how the terms herself.

imagine a salesman trying to sell you a $5000 TV, keep telling you good but actually he himself doesnt even know the functions and the different between a $5000 TV and a $4000 TV with the same size. Then you keep asking all the buttons, function, how to tune the channel, what is the hdmi version, response time, bla bla bla...

he only wants to earn your commission, not whether you know how to operate or the TV suits you. Yet you ask until so many things that he doesnt know although he should know. Sure piss off.

Next time when i got some free time and no entertainment, maybe i will go bank play play those relationship managers, make them explain all the terms. write down what he say, then ask another one to explain again, see whether the answer is the same or not. and also test their patience.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The staff is perhaps really telling the truth. Remember the $20k guarantee the BEST paid govt in the world can offer?

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ng Gek Hai (Madam)

Only one side of the story we heard, for all we know she was bitchy and the staff couldn't take it, this is Singapore, rudeness is one of our national values:wink:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah, I too, deposit at the PRC bank, though a different currency.
I deposit into PRC meimei as they are Sperm Bank

PRC mei mei bank, gives good & at time exhilariting returns upfront, but your deposits will generate interests, not immediate by in 9 mths time, and other benefits, like Sexually Transmitted dieases, & AIDS!:p

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ng Gek Hai (Madam)

So "kiashu" and "kiasee". They might as well put it in a shoebox and keep it under the bed. Stupid fucks.

Hate this kind of "scared this, scared that" people most. They should be smacked the hell out of.