• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ex-chairman back in court

CENWEN

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Aug 28, 2009
Ex-chairman back in court <!--10 min-->
<!-- headline one : start --> <!-- headline one : end --> <!-- Author --> <!-- show image if available --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr></tr> <tr> </tr> <tr> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" class="padlrt8 georgia11 darkgrey bold">By Khushwant Singh </td></tr> <tr valign="bottom"> <td width="330">
In-SG-lagunaSY.jpg

</td> <td width="10">
c.gif
</td> <td valign="bottom">
c.gif

The former chairman of the Laguna Park management committee, Lee Kok Leong (left) was reported to have told reporters that he was not remorseful after being fined $1,200 for committing mischief. --ST PHOTO: SHAHRIYA YAHAYA
</td></tr> </tbody></table>
THE former chairman of the Laguna Park management committee was reported to have told reporters that he was not remorseful after being fined $1,200 for committing mischief. This has landed Lee Kok Leong back in court as the prosecution is using his comments in its appeal for a stiffer sentence. The 62-year-old general manager of a logistic firm was fined $1,200 in April on two counts of committing mischief. He pleaded guilty to inserting super glue into the keyholes of padlocks of two of his neighbours in August last year.

The maximum penalty is a $10,000 fine and a year in jail. Lee was caught in the act by a closed-circuit television camera. His lawyer Ramesh Tiwary had told the court then that his client was remorseful and regretted the offences and District Judge Soh Tze Bian secided that a fine was appropriate. The prosecution appealed against the sentence and also presented new evidence. This led the High Court to send the case back to the lower court to hear the new witnesses. On Friday, Ms Rachel Chan of My Paper testified that immediately after the April hearing, Lee had told her that the sentence was reasonable but had also said: 'Fine, fine, lor. After all I can afford to pay.'

The reporter said that Lee was smiling when he added: 'One night I spend $4,000 on karaoke. What is $1,200?' She said that Lee had told her that he was not remorseful. Questioned by Mr Tiwary, Ms Chan agreed she did not state that Lee had said that the fine was reasonable in her report titled: 'I am not remorseful, said Laguna man.' Ms Kimberly Spykerman of The Straits Times then testified that Lee had made similar comments to her as he did to Ms Chen. The hearing continues on Sept 4.