• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Everybody Wants Something

jw5

Loyal
Everybody wants something.
A corporate high flier may want his wife for sex, or to look after the children, or to keep his indiscretions secret and the family intact for appearance's sake. The wife may want him for economic purposes or to show relatives and friends that she has a happy family.
A worker may want to keep his job in order to put food on the table may need to suck up to his boss.
Children want their parents to provide for them, parents may want their children to look after them in future or to compare with other peoples' children.

Wouldn't it be lovely not to want anything from anyone? Go about life without the need to please anyone or cater to anyone's whims and fancies.
Know of anyone like that? Would you like to be like that?

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
A corporate high flier may want his wife for sex, or to look after the children, or to keep his indiscretions secret and the family intact for appearance's sake. The wife may want him for economic purposes or to show relatives and friends that she has a happy family.
A worker may want to keep his job in order to put food on the table may need to suck up to his boss.
Children want their parents to provide for them, parents may want their children to look after them in future or to compare with other peoples' children.

Wouldn't it be lovely not to want anything from anyone? Go about life without the need to please anyone or cater to anyone's whims and fancies.

I think a mother's love can be selfless. You just want the best of your kid, you don't care if you have to sacrifice just to bring him up. I know that I want to be that kind of mom at least. :smile:

People nowadays are very cynical and blind. Say as a girl i don't want anything from the bf, would he believe or be cynical about it? Moreover, would he appreciate or understand the significance?

I think life is about give and take. Sad to say, what you describe, is mostly true in our society now. The give and take becomes conditional and the motive is self serving.

I think that it's lovely not to want anything from anyone and live life freely. I've done that, and for most people in my life, i'm still practising that. It's like a journey of learning on an emotional front.

What you are describing are the more negative examples of give and take.
You are implying, rightly, that in our society, many times when people give, they do so for selfish reasons.

Not everyone is self centred, or selfish. And not everyone who is selfish, is like that all the time.

There are so much more positive examples out there, like say how Obama's grandmother sacrificed financially in order to put him through school. She didn't even live to see him elected president.

Perhaps you can say that she wants him to be a better person given that she could be a strict lady.

Can you say that this want is selfish? In this case, if that was what she wanted (we wouldn't know because we aren't her), would that be a positive example of wanting something from someone? :smile:

Not giving is also a selfish thing. Sometimes in order to live freely, one has to be selfish.

So it depends on what we want in life. It depends on what we are like and what we find fufilling or what we think we need to do or is the right thing to do, even if it's detrimental to us. (Eg: self sacrifice)

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be another bill gates.. you dont need to please anyone...

jw5

Loyal
lolabunny
I do think that everyone is self centred and selfish, call me cynical if you like. :smile:
Even the mother who loves her child is not selfless. Try asking her to love other peoples' children like her own. I will then admit that this is a really good person.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
lolabunny
I do think that everyone is self centred and selfish, call me cynical if you like. :smile:
Even the mother who loves her child is not selfless. Try asking her to love other peoples' children like her own. I will then admit that this is a really good person.

there are mothers who love their adopted children as much. Angelina Jolie? :smile:

all kinds of people make up this world. :smile: