• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even monk takes up priority seat and ignores the elderly

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Ugly Commuters
Posted on 04 Mar, 2009 17:38
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Even monk takes up priority seat and ignores the elderly

According to this STOMPer, a monk was seen sitting at a priority seat and did not give up his seat to the elderly.

The sender tells STOMP:

“I am surprised that even monks act blur and not give up their seats to the elderly.

“I wonder where is their moral values and kindness they often practise?”

"I hope monks will play their part and not only help themselves, but to also help others."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
should be glad if he did not ask you for money. still expect him to give the seat to someone who needs it?

jw5

Loyal
should be glad if he did not ask you for money. still expect him to give the seat to someone who needs it?
It would have been interesting if someone had approached him for the seat.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The practice in Thailand is quite different; "priority" seats for monks are right at the back of the bus. Passengers, especially women, have to make way for the monks to get to the back of the bus. I think that the practice is the same on trains and even on airplanes; monks would head for the rear carriage, last row. This practice is due to the inconvenience of women having to avoid touching the monks during the journey. Thai monks seldom take bus and never take short rides; for short distances, they walk, and up to 5km may be considered walking distance.

To be fair to the monk in the Stomp picture, he's carrying loads of baggages. The old auntie doesn't seem in anyway infirm or impaired. I think that if the monk was to haul up his baggages, stand up and offer his seat, it'd be quite embarrassing for anyone to accept it and rest his/her butt in place, unless pregnant or handicapped, whatever the age.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Monks exempted from national service and tax.

And of course entitled a priority seat !

Interesting, so that, walking through fire monk, never did N.S.?, never paid taxes?, never travelled on an MRT train..only go by MA CE DEE?:wink:

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
In many buddhist countries....... monks are given the priority seats ahead of the preggies, disabled and oldies :smile: