• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Escalating $O$P Problem in Peesai!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Catching loan sharks: Install CCTVs in HDB common corridors
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to last Friday's article, 'Loan shark harassment cases rise sharply'.
Previous measures to curb loan shark harassment were not sufficient to protect the public, and I thank the authorities for stepping up these measures.
I have a suggestion that town councils may wish to consider.
Various heartland areas have closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras installed in lifts to curb theft. CCTVs should also be installed in common corridors at every level of an HDB block.
However, CCTVs should not invade residents' privacy. There is no need to have them in every estate, but they should be in loan-shark 'hot spots'.
Town councils use taxpayers' money to beautify the area, but what about residents' safety? Why repaint walls time and again when loan sharks vandalise them? Why cover up again and again without finding the real solution to the loan-shark problem?
Installing CCTVs in common corridors will enhance residents' safety. Tan Shao Ken