• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ERP increases - but not high enough

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is still too much peak hour traffic congestion, meaning ERP rates are not high enough

Or release less COE, let them bid until sky high

Or perhaps there should be more control on car population by banning no-downpayment schemes, i.e. banks and finance companies can only finance up to 50% of car, and repayment within 3 years

Or priority to those who pay all cash

ERP rates at some gantries to be revised from August 3

By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 27 July 2009 1243 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

An ERP gantry (file pic)

SINGAPORE: The electronic road pricing (ERP) rates at some gantries will be revised from Monday, August 3.

Motorists passing the CTE gantry north of Braddell Road between 7 and 7.30am will pay a dollar more, while those at the ECP Fort Road and KPE slip road gantries between 7.30 and 8am will pay 50 cents more.

But ERP rates at 12 gantries at the Bugis-Marina Centre Cordon and northbound Singapore River Line will go down by a dollar at certain times.

The changes are part of the Land Transport Authority's (LTA) quarterly review of traffic conditions. The next ERP rate review will be in November.

- CNA/so

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Future Singapore will be like 80s China where the peasants ride bicycles in drove from anywhere to everywhere if these revisions don't stop.

Talk about reverse progression.

There is still too much peak hour traffic congestion, meaning ERP rates are not high enough

Or release less COE, let them bid until sky high

Or perhaps there should be more control on car population by banning no-downpayment schemes, i.e. banks and finance companies can only finance up to 50% of car, and repayment within 3 years

Or priority to those who pay all cash

ERP rates at some gantries to be revised from August 3

By Imelda Saad, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 27 July 2009 1243 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

An ERP gantry (file pic)

SINGAPORE: The electronic road pricing (ERP) rates at some gantries will be revised from Monday, August 3.

Motorists passing the CTE gantry north of Braddell Road between 7 and 7.30am will pay a dollar more, while those at the ECP Fort Road and KPE slip road gantries between 7.30 and 8am will pay 50 cents more.

But ERP rates at 12 gantries at the Bugis-Marina Centre Cordon and northbound Singapore River Line will go down by a dollar at certain times.

The changes are part of the Land Transport Authority's (LTA) quarterly review of traffic conditions. The next ERP rate review will be in November.

- CNA/so

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Future Singapore will be like 80s China where the peasants ride bicycles in drove from anywhere to everywhere if these revisions don't stop.

Talk about reverse progression.

It is already happening in Tampines now.......which area will be next? :biggrin:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
- CNA/so

This is the kind of crap reporting that is trying to protect the PAP run government, by making a increase looks very justifiable.:mad:

What does they mean certain time, did they or did they not have the data but dare not report? If certain time means for 1 minute a day they reduce the rate by a dollar?:(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the kind of crap reporting that is trying to protect the PAP run government, by making a increase looks very justifiable.:mad:

What does they mean certain time, did they or did they not have the data but dare not report? If certain time means for 1 minute a day they reduce the rate by a dollar?:(

They recently consulted the 'black dog that ate the sun', that a certain time of the day they must collect more EVERY DAY ROB (ERP) fees, in the name of maintaining a smooth traffic flow...if one can believe that!:mad:

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
ERP charges should be $10 per entry. Then even rich executives will think twice about driving to work and take MRT and buses instead, causing the public transport infrastructure to be even more strained. The best way to solve the traffic jam problem is to cancel most of those foreign trash work permits.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hope gov will take my ideas as below.
1. Starting rate for ERP is min $1 or better $2 not 50 cent(current) and increase/jump $1 not 50 cents each time
2. Add more ERP grantry
3. Start all ERP as early as 7am
4. Increase all road speed limit by 10km/hr.
5. Increase all vehicle limit by 10km/hr for lorry/bus/van.....current is too slow.
6. Increase the fuel tax by another 10%.

Hope/wish gov will implement my ideas ASAP to reduce road comgestion.
Don't blame me for the ideas. Those cannot afford to pay better dont drive. Really hate the road condition everyday.

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just use Beshitted solution to all problems in Sinkieland!

Import more FT!

Problem solved.

ps don't ask me how more FT will lead to fewer ERP problems. I also didn't understand how more FT would solve our overpopulation problem, our unemployment, our overcrowded infrastructure... but hey's thats PAP logic.

Hope gov will take my ideas as below.
1. Starting rate for ERP is min $1 or better $2 not 50 cent(current) and increase/jump $1 not 50 cents each time
2. Add more ERP grantry
3. Start all ERP as early as 7am
4. Increase all road speed limit by 10km/hr.
5. Increase all vehicle limit by 10km/hr for lorry/bus/van.....current is too slow.
6. Increase the fuel tax by another 10%.

Hope/wish gov will implement my ideas ASAP to reduce road comgestion.
Don't blame me for the ideas. Those cannot afford to pay better dont drive. Really hate the road condition everyday.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
With today's technology, we should use live data to adjust the pricing, jack the price up base on average speed, so if the jam are so bad that it's 10-20 Km/h, the rates can go as high as $50, it's simple supply and demand, Those who can't afford, get out of the express way. This will truly be the PAP style of solving a problem and at the same time reap huge profit.

ERP charges should be $10 per entry. Then even rich executives will think twice about driving to work and take MRT and buses instead, causing the public transport infrastructure to be even more strained. The best way to solve the traffic jam problem is to cancel most of those foreign trash work permits.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With today's technology, we should use live data to adjust the pricing, jack the price up base on average speed, so if the jam are so bad that it's 10-20 Km/h, the rates can go as high as $50, it's simple supply and demand, Those who can't afford, get out of the express way. This will truly be the PAP style of solving a problem and at the same time reap huge profit.

Yes. Not a bad ideas.