• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Engrish Only A Requirement for Pink ICers!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Sep 18, 2009
TEACHING DIPLOMA: SIM GRAD APPLICANT ASKS...
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Why must I take test?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I applied online for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education programme at the National Institute of Education (NIE).
A few weeks after sending the required documents, I received a letter from the Ministry of Education (MOE) stating that my application was unsuccessful. The letter went on to state that MOE was willing to reconsider my application if I took the English Proficiency Test and reapplied online for the programme.
But when I logged on to the website link to register, I was surprised to find five criteria that allowed candidates exemption.
These were the candidates exempted:

Applicants with honours degree/pass with merit/pass degree graduates or final year undergraduates in English Language or English Literature.

Applicants who scored at least a Grade B3 in General Paper (English)/Grade B in H1 General Paper/Grade B in H2 Knowledge and Inquiry in the GCE A-level examination.

Applicants who scored at least a Grade B3 in English Language (EL1) in the GCE O-level examination.

Applicants who scored at least a Grade B3 in English Paper 121, 1120 or 1119 at SPM (Malaysia's equivalent of the O levels).

Applicants who scored at least a Grade 5 in English in the International Baccalaureate examination.
I graduated with an honours degree (Second Class Upper) in English Language and Literature from SIM University. I scored a B3 in General Paper at A levels, and an A1 in English Language at O levels.
All of which meant I fulfilled not just one (which is all that is required), but three of five criteria cited on the website.
I wrote to MOE twice for an explanation but did not receive a reply.
Why am I required to take the test? Does this mean my degree from SIM University is not recognised by MOE?
Farhana Hossain (Miss)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->