• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Elon Musk = Samuel Leong. Both willing to forgo profits to maintain free speech than be censored!

cat

Stupidman
Loyal

Elon Musk says he’d prefer to lose money to maintain free speech than be censored: ‘The right moral decision’​

By
Social Links forFrancesca Bacardi
Published June 19, 2024
Updated June 19, 2024, 8:55 a.m. ET

CANNES — Elon Musk said he would prefer X to lose advertising dollars and maintain freedom of speech than have the platform be censored.

“There were some advertisers who were insisting on censorship, and at the end of the day … if I have to make the choice censorship and money or free speech and losing money we’re going to pick the second,” Musk told WPP CEO Mark Read during his Cannes Lions conversation Wednesday morning.

“We’re going to support free speech broadly then agree to be censored for money, which is, I think, the right moral decision.”

Advertisement
Elon Musk

Elon Musk

l
Elon Musk

The SpaceX founder made the admission after Read asked Musk, 52, why he told advertisers to “go f—k ourselves.” Although Musk somewhat backtracked on his comment, insisting he wasn’t directing it at “advertisers as whole,” he doubled down on disagreeing with brands who believe “there can be no content that they disagree with on the platform.”

“There’s an important distinction here that we don’t want to take money to censor broadly on the platform,” the Tesla founder explained. “I think that would be wrong.”
Musk clarified that he didn’t believe free speech meant people could say “illegal things” and reiterated the importance of “free speech within the bounds of the law.”

Elon Musk

elon musk

The father of 11 also expressed concern about artificial intelligence. WireImage
The brains behind Neuralink also expressed concern about artificial intelligence causing a “crisis of meaning” for people as they realize the technology will outperform them.

“If the AI can do everything that you can do but better then what is the point of doing things? I think there will be an existential crisis of why do anything?” the father of 11pondered.

“I think we’re at the most interesting time in history.”