• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Elizabeth Wong I support you

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
In-SEA-MSIA1.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR - A MALAYSIAN opposition lawmaker embroiled in a scandal over leaked photos of her sleeping partially naked reversed her decision to leave politics on Wednesday.
The opposition People's Justice Party had urged Elizabeth Wong, 37, to keep her seat in the central Selangor state legislature following her return from an extended leave after photos of her sleeping at home surfaced on the Internet in February.

Wong had previously offered to resign, saying she wanted to avoid a political mess for her party even though she insisted she hadn't done anything wrong.

On Wednesday, she announced she would keep her post, adding that her 'only wish is to serve my constituents and the state to the best of my abilities.'

'I have been stripped bare publicly - both figuratively and literally - by force and against my will,' Wong said in a statement.

She stressed that if she 'chose to retreat into silence, (it) would in turn indirectly affect women, especially women politicians.'

News reports have said the photos were believed to have been taken by her ex-boyfriend without her knowledge last year.

Police are searching for the man, who has allegedly left Malaysia since the scandal broke. -- AP

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is a good and able legislator and the supports she received during her turmoil attested to that. Her years at the NGO helped her gain a perspective from the normal citizenry's point of views. That's why her constituents loved her because she is for them.

But she made enemies out of those hillside condos developers when she spearheaded a halt to their constructions. A spate of landslides subsequently vindicated her opposition to those hillside development projects.Those towkays are interested in removing her because she is bad for their business.

All Malaysians from the opposition persuasions will be pleased to have her back.