• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

    The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Egypt willing to temporarily absorb half a million evacuated Gazans. Anwar going to welcome 1 million?

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joined
Mar 11, 2013
Messages
13,989
Points
113
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said that his country was ready to temporarily host half a million Gazans who would be evacuated from the Gaza Strip, according to a Friday report by Hezbollah-affiliated Lebanese newspaper Al-Akhbar.

According to the report, the Gazans would be allocated a city in the north of the Sinai Peninsula.

The comment reportedly came during a conference held in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on the situation in the Middle East, in which the Egyptian leader was present, among other attendees.

According to the report, the temporary relocation offer has raised concerns with Jordan, which has previously taken a strong stance against such a move.

Trump's plan for Gaza

In early February, US President Donald Trump announced his Gaza relocation plan during a press conference with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House in Washington.

 Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi in Cairo, Egypt. March 4, 2025.   (credit: Palestinian President Office/Handout via REUTERS)
Enlrage image
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas meets with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi in Cairo, Egypt. March 4, 2025. (credit: Palestinian President Office/Handout via REUTERS)
The plan proposed to relocate Gazans to neighboring Arab countries such as Egypt and Jordan and for the United States to take over the Gaza Strip.

Later in February, the US president said he would “recommend” his Gaza plan but would not force it, in an interview with Fox News.


In early March, Egypt announced its $53 billion reconstruction plan for Gaza. The proposal, adopted by the Arab summit, countered that of Trump and rejected the proposal to relocate Palestinians from the Gaza Strip.

The proposal would allow Palestinians to remain in Gaza during a five-year phased approach to reconstructing Gaza, with a focus on rebuilding infrastructure, housing, and essential services.

Later in March, Trump appeared to walk back on his plan, noting “nobody is expelling any Palestinians from Gaza” during a meeting with Irish Prime Minister Micheál Martin at the White House.
 
Trump FTW! So what has our dear ex-president Milo Halimah got to say now?
 
Back
Top