• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Edison Chen: I am a victim

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20090603-145813.html

Wed, Jun 03, 2009
my paper

20090603.123258_edison1.jpg

It has been 453 days since Edison Chen's nude photo scandal erupted. In an interview with CNN's "Talk Asia", he talks about the emotional trauma he suffered from the incident.

CNN's host asked Chen why he agreed on attending the interview. Chen replied, "In the legal sense, I can only talk about this incident now because the case is finally over. Honestly, there have been so many rumours, and I had so much to say about them. Now I am going to clarify them once and for all."

When asked about the very first nude photo that was propagated across the internet, he replied, "I felt afraid everywhere I went. At that time, I was still in Hong Kong. When I travelled around, I had to hide in the trunks of taxis for up to 15 minutes."

Chen is not afraid to speak up about the 1,300 nude photos that were stolen from his laptop, claiming "none of them were taken without the other party's consent".

No mention of Cecilia Cheung

After the incident, Chen escaped to his childhood home of Canada.

He said, "Even though I successfully left Asia to live in the US, I lived in darkness every day. I had my drapes fully drawn for days. It took three months before I had the courage to walk out of my house."

He claimed, "I feel like I am a victim. I cannot say I didn't make any mistakes, but I don't think I am a criminal. I have suffered a great deal of emotional trauma from this incident."

In February, when Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung received a call from the media enquiring about the nude photo scandal, she gave Edison Chen a tongue-lashing, saying that he was a "hypocrite" and that he did not apologise to any of the actresses involved in the incident. He even switched off his mobile phone.

With regards to this, Chen claimed the police did not allow him to talk about Cheung.

"Actually, I didn't want to have anything more to do with her, so I did not respond to her accusations... I could not speak to her because the police asked me not to. I feel very sorry towards her. I hope she can forgive me one day and understand my plight. I really, really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. And I still respect her," he told CNN.

He clarified that he did not avoid the involved actresses on purpose.

"At first I couldn't contact them. Then I really didn't know how to face them."

Denies committing suicide

Edison also confided in his close friend Lee Kuan Yi. He said, "I wept at a beach in Santa Monica alone for very long. I felt so helpless. I knew I had done something wrong and it was so serious that there was nothing I could do to salvage the situation."

It was rumoured that Chen once slit his wrist in a suicide attempt. Chen responded vehemently, "No way! Committing suicide is a very irresponsible act. I am not stupid enough to throw my life away and not make up for my mistakes."

The nude photo scandal gave him a new lease of life. He thanked his girlfriend Vincy Yeung for standing by him throughout the course of the incident.

He told CNN, "My girlfriend let me understand the true meaning of love. The power of true love is really great. I think I've become a new man."

For more my paper stories click here.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
close fren lee kuan yi from SINGAPORE?

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Showbiz/Story/A1Story20090603-145813.html

Wed, Jun 03, 2009
my paper

It has been 453 days since Edison Chen's nude photo scandal erupted. In an interview with CNN's "Talk Asia", he talks about the emotional trauma he suffered from the incident.

CNN's host asked Chen why he agreed on attending the interview. Chen replied, "In the legal sense, I can only talk about this incident now because the case is finally over. Honestly, there have been so many rumours, and I had so much to say about them. Now I am going to clarify them once and for all."

When asked about the very first nude photo that was propagated across the internet, he replied, "I felt afraid everywhere I went. At that time, I was still in Hong Kong. When I travelled around, I had to hide in the trunks of taxis for up to 15 minutes."

Chen is not afraid to speak up about the 1,300 nude photos that were stolen from his laptop, claiming "none of them were taken without the other party's consent".

He said, "Even though I successfully left Asia to live in the US, I lived in darkness every day. I had my drapes fully drawn for days. It took three months before I had the courage to walk out of my house."

He claimed, "I feel like I am a victim. I cannot say I didn't make any mistakes, but I don't think I am a criminal. I have suffered a great deal of emotional trauma from this incident."

In February, when Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung received a call from the media enquiring about the nude photo scandal, she gave Edison Chen a tongue-lashing, saying that he was a "hypocrite" and that he did not apologise to any of the actresses involved in the incident. He even switched off his mobile phone.

With regards to this, Chen claimed the police did not allow him to talk about Cheung.

"Actually, I didn't want to have anything more to do with her, so I did not respond to her accusations... I could not speak to her because the police asked me not to. I feel very sorry towards her. I hope she can forgive me one day and understand my plight. I really, really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. And I still respect her," he told CNN.

Edison also confided in his close friend Lee Kuan Yi. He said, "I wept at a beach in Santa Monica alone for very long. I felt so helpless. I knew I had done something wrong and it was so serious that there was nothing I could do to salvage the situation."

It was rumoured that Chen once slit his wrist in a suicide attempt. Chen responded vehemently, "No way! Committing suicide is a very irresponsible act. I am not stupid enough to throw my life away and not make up for my mistakes."

The nude photo scandal gave him a new lease of life. He thanked his girlfriend Vincy Yeung for standing by him throughout the course of the incident.

He told CNN, "My girlfriend let me understand the true meaning of love. The power of true love is really great. I think I've become a new man."

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Edison may be the darling of girls, but he is certainly not as handsome as Nicholas, and he has the face where most guys HATE looking at (not that super good-looking kind, but the offensive cheebye kind). That's why he gets assaulted by masked men in the streets a few times, and even gets threatened from the triads etc who offered money to anyone to bring his hand.

Wed, Jun 03, 2009
my paper

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just dugged up his photos with the girls again, very nice, too bad don't have video. Hsu Chi in much better position since she was paid for full frontal shots.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is better not to send your computer to workshop for servicing
if there are some thing you want to keep secret.
hire someone to fix at your home and stand next to him all the time.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,204046,00.html?

Viewers: Edison's a victim
By Gan Ling Kai

June 05, 2009

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_LKCHEN04.jpg

SYMPATHY: The panel (from left) Huang Wenhong, Maia Lee, Katalina Jiang and Sarah Yang watching Edison talking to CNN about the sex photo scandal. TNP PICTURE: MOHD ISHAK

HE says he's also a victim in the sex photo scandal, but would viewers agree with Edison Chen?

Last night, The New Paper invited four people to watch the CNN interview - and they all emphathised with him.

However, their sympathy was measured out in varying degrees.

Customer service officer Katalina Jiang, 21, who's a big Edison fan, said: 'I feel he's the biggest victim because the girls are all blaming others.

'He, on the other hand, keeps blaming himself. So I think he must have felt the worst. Emotionally, he faces the most stress. Everyone, including those girls, says he's wrong.'

Careless

Her colleague, Miss Sarah Yang, 21, agreed, saying the only wrong thing he did was being careless with his computer.

Mr Huang Wenhong, 36, director of programming for Radio 100.3 FM, agreed that Edison did not spread the photos on purpose.

He added: 'However, society still has a particular perspective. Edison has to say that all these (taking sex photos) were done when he's wild and young.

'He can't arrogantly say 'all these are my own business'. Everyone ultimately has to bow to social norms.'

Even celebrity blogger Maia Lee, 26, who had chided that 'anyone with half a brain would know that such a computer shouldn't be sent for repair', felt Edison was a victim.

She said: 'At first, I thought he was in the wrong. I'm kind of against him. But after watching the interview, it seems that he deserves a little of my sympathy.'

But she was quick to add: 'Don't forget, he's an actor. And he had so much time and resources to consult people to guide him on what to say. Obviously, he had help on that, so I'm still not forgiving him.'

The four viewers agreed that Edison was smart to go on CNN.

Mr Huang said: 'It is obviously more high-class than appearing on i-Cable (Hong Kong's TV station which interviewed Cecilia Cheung) and TVB's Be My Guest (which interviewed Gillian Chung).

'CNN conveys an international perspective. And the incident becomes a (news) event, no longer a scandal.'

He also said Edison's choice of timing to open up is excellent for his career comeback.

'If you say that Cecilia is brilliant to be the first to be interviewed, then so is Edison for being the last.

'Moreover, Cecilia has also come out to say she has forgiven him. If even a hurt married woman with a child can forgive him, what else can others say?'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEX PHOTO SCANDAL

JAN 2008: Photos of Edison Chen and Cecilia Chung appear on Internet, followed by more of the actor and other starlets like Gillian Chung, Bobo Chan.

4 FEB: Computer technician Dicky Sze Ho Chun arrested. He had copied photos from Edison's laptop when it was sent for repair in 2006.

21 FEB: Edison announces he'll quit Hong Kong showbiz, goes into self-exile.

12 FEB, 2009: Sze charged in HK with 3counts of obtaining access to a computer with illegal intent.

23 FEB: Edison tells hearing in Vancouver that pictures 'never meant for anyone else to see'. He confirms women's identities.

27 FEB: Cecilia opens up for the first time on i-Cable TV, calls Edison a liar. Edison makes first official media appearance since self-exile, launches Carl's Jr.'s new burger in S'pore.

4 MAR: i-Cable TV cans second part of Cecilia's interview 'to protect' her. HK media speculate she plans to sue Edison for $2m.

7 MAR: On TVB's Be My Guest, Gillian says Edison had been stringing her along for years. She allowed him to take photos as she didn't want to lose him.

11-12 MAR: Bullet sent to i-Cable TV with a letter, warning Edison to quit showbiz. Similar package sent to Apple Daily next day.

5 APR: Edison ignores deadline, promotes film The Sniper in S'pore. About 30 guards deployed for actor's safety.

13 MAY: HK court sentences Sze to 8 1/2 months jail.

27 MAY: Edison returns to HK for meetings for his fashion business.

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,204048,00.html?

OH MY GOD
MY FAMILY, MY GIRLFRIEND, MY CAREER, THE GIRLS
Edison Chen opens up to CNN in his first full interview on sex photo scandal
By Maureen Koh

June 05, 2009

WHEN Hong Kong actor-singer Edison Chen first saw the sex photos of him with several starlets on the Internet, he could not believe it.

In his first full interview since the photo scandal broke in January last year, he told CNN: 'It was like, everything just got sucked out of me.

'And I was like looking and I was like, wow, this is so, where, what, when, how?'

And his thoughts flew straight to the people around him.

He said: 'Confusion, like what to do... Oh my God, my family. Oh my God, my girlfriend. Oh my God, my career. Oh my God, the girl(s).'

And the final thought that hit him: 'Oh, the press is going to have a field day.'

Edison, 28, recalled that fateful day when everything unravelled into the messy scandal that saw his career spiral downwards.

He said: 'Someone called me, I was sleeping in the morning. (He asked) Did you check the Internet yet? You should go check the Internet.'

When he saw pictures of himself with actresses Cecilia Cheung, Gillian Chung, Bobo Chan, Rachel Ngan and his girlfriend, Vincy Yeung, Edison was stunned.

He said: 'I don't even know how to put that feeling in words.'

Forgiven

To him, it seemed like a never-ending nightmare, which started with just a few photos being uploaded, followed by more.

In the end, about 800 of the 1,300-plus pictures he took made their way online.

Edison said: 'It was like a nightmare that never ended, it never ended.

'I'd go to bed and I'd pray, I'd pray, that please, God, please people, last day, please today. I'd do anything...'

But suicide, he said, was never an option.

'I'm not the person to ever commit suicide,' said Edison.

'I think committing suicide is giving up on the people who love you. At that moment, I had so many who cared for me.'

Edison also said he has forgiven computer technician Dicky Sze Ho Chun for stealing the pictures from his computer hard drive.

'The way I feel about him today and the way I felt about him eight months ago is totally different,' he said.

'He's going to jail... he's doing what he needs to do to redeem himself.'

Edison also believed the act of putting the pictures on the Internet was 'purposely done' to hurt him, especially since he was not blackmailed for money.

He said: 'I don't exactly know if the person who stole the photos and distributed it and put it on the Internet is the same person...

'It was a malicious act... (because) no money was involved.'

Edison also admitted that being a young celebrity contributed to his mistake of taking such photos.

He said: 'When you are young, you do a lot of things you don't quite comprehend, it's fun, you do, you don't think about the outcome.

'When you are a celebrity, and you're this and that, I think, maybe you go overboard a little bit.

'I went a little too overboard, a little too wild.'

But Edison said the photos were mostly taken four years ago.

He said: 'I was in a serious relationship at that time, my first serious relationship. I was in love.'

He said he had told girlfriend Vincy about the photos and she had asked him to delete them - which he did.

But six months later, his computer broke down and his assistant sent it for repairs.

It was then that he found out that deleting the photos did not mean they were gone forever.

Edison said: 'I had no idea that there was such thing before. I thought if I put it in the trash bin and said empty trash bin, then it's gone, forever. But no, it wasn't.'

Meanwhile, Cecilia, who had been the first of the victims to lash out at Edison, has accepted his apology.

She had earlier called him a hypocrite and a liar in an interview with i-Cable TV for not contacting her when the scandal broke.

Following CNN's release of the excerpt of the interview, Cecilia told Hong Kong reporters on Tuesday that she has yet to watch the interview.

But she said: 'I accept it. Whether it (the apology) has come early or late is not important. It's fine.

'What's most important is that it's from the heart. I'm also happy to hear him say it.'

Photos of a topless Edison with fake scars on his back also surfaced on Tuesday.

The pictures, which showed him in handcuffs to reflect his repentance, were shot for the latest issue of WestEast, a men's fashion magazine in Hong Kong.

Edison also gave an interview to the magazine because he is good friends with its publisher, Mr Kevin Lee, a model who has worked with him.

The photos, taken in Japan, are meant to depict his trauma over the past year, with the fake scars symbolising his pain.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did you see CNN talk asia interview with edison chen. they show the police holding his notebook. It is MAC - powerbook or macbook pro.

so becareful when you send your apple notebook with porno for servicing.

R

redlightmeansgo

Pay attention to Maia Lee in that picture: she either has that "I was also once a victim" look or "Edison, why didn't you fuck me?" look

Two faced