• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

DurianKimchi’s Maryam Was Force-Fed Non-Halal Food While Fasting In Korea

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal

DurianKimchi’s Maryam Was Force-Fed Non-Halal Food While Fasting In Korea​

BY ADLEENA

MARCH 19, 2024

SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@maryamyunrrr)
SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@maryamyunrrr)

Maryam You Narae (유나래), famously known as one half of the Internet duo Durian Kimchi, has openly shared her journey as a South Korean Muslim convert. The Internet celebrity previously spoke about her commitment to wearing the hijab, even sharing how empowered she felt to cover up.
However, her journey to becoming a Muslim wasn’t always as easy as it seems. Maryam has spoken up about the comments she received from fellow Koreans and even Malaysians, doubting her dedication to her religion. In a recent interview with local news outlet Sinar Harian, Maryam shared a shocking revelation regarding her earliest fasting experience.

ADVERTISING

maryam-islam.jpg
SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@Maryamyunrrr)

According to Maryam, when fasting during Ramadan in South Korea, she received many offers for food from her acquaintances. She explained, “I worked at a hospital at the time. They gave me food because they cared for me. (But) when I refused their offers, they couldn’t understand why.” Unfortunately, Maryam’s colleague then force-fed her the food, which happened to be non-halal, because they were worried she wasn’t eating.

The restaurant owner said she quickly spit out the food to avoid breaking her fast and committing a sin. However, Maryam wasn’t too angry at what happened because she understood her South Korean colleagues’ lack of knowledge regarding Islam and fasting. She said, “Here (in Malaysia), everyone knows about Ramadan, fasting and understands about Islam. So you can’t compare to other countries.”

maryam-duriankimchi.jpg
SOURCES: INSTAGRAM (@Maryamyunrrr)

For those curious, Maryam converted to Islam in 2019 whilst still living in South Korea. After marrying her husband, Ryzal Ibrahim, in the same year, the couple moved to Malaysia in 2020. While learning about Islam and being a good Muslim hasn’t been easy, we’re proud that Maryam stayed strong despite all the challenges.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the faith has nothing to do with clothing nor rituals.
And food must not be that offered to deities and pagan gods.
Bf leading her onto a wrong misleading path.