• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Tan Cheng Bock is not truthful?

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT, TJS & TKL have been thoroughly dissected. But not Dr Tan Cheng Bock.

We have to remember all 4 candidates are politicians. They strive to win votes. But there's something I do not understand about Dr Tan Cheng Bock.

Dr Tan tries to paint himself as a rebel within the MIW-ranks, who fought for our rights and veto for country's interest against the party. I think he wants to tell us he tried to change from within?

In his PAP years, he did not seek higher office to become Minister or leave the party despite his unhappiness. He is quietly within the PAP ranks, seeking changes, that never happened. Is he a lone ranger? Or he did not even try to bring change? He only do lip-service?

The timeline to his Presidency is interesting -- he created a hooha "high profile" issue when he quit the party over the naming of Jurong Hospital (Ng Teng Fong Hospital). Prior to that incident, most of us didn't know who he is.

Further, he stays in Sentosa Cove. Isn't that a stark contrast to his humble image he try to portray?

The more I consider my vote, the more confounded I am.

Isn't this political play? Your views?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no offence or any disrespect to him, i ever saw him at a conference in west coast when he was still an mp. i find him quite fake.

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
politicians are politicians. ever seen a politician who is not fake at some point or another?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Tan tries to paint himself as a rebel within the MIW-ranks, who fought for our rights and veto for country's interest against the party. I think he wants to tell us he tried to change from within?

I believe TCB has worked tirelessly to cultivate the image that you just described. Maybe he wants to be seen as a 'righteous' figure, but obviously he chose the wrong platform to build his righteous image.

TCB reminds me of the Ip Man's disciple who worked as 'translator' for the Japanese army. You can't construct a righteous image in a devil's den. It's pretty obvious that people who choose this path want the best of both worlds, just like TCB wants to be seen as a righteous leader but is unwilling to forgo the perks that comes with "dancing with the wolf (PAP)".

A servant cannot serve two masters. You will love one and hate the other. One cannot serve righteousness and money at the same time. TCB is a confused soul.