• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Chia, non-elected MP for Tanjong Pagar to oppo - show me you deserve to be MPs

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
gong lan jiao wei, just ask those living in hougang and aljunied how often they get to see their mp. me living in forbidden city, except during erection, i do not get to see the emperor at all

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For someone shafted in from the rear as a last minute replacement, he certainly can talk big! He should have replaced Charles Chong in Joo Chiat SMC and win big against WP Yee Jenn Jong before he konlanjiaowei. No respect for this fake MP!:mad: Jumping on the bandwagon & talking like a typical PAP parrot.:rolleyes:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Political party and government are seperate mah..... alot of haze getting thicker nowsadsys.

LAST-MINUTE MP TALK BIG SHIT TO NON-PAP MPs - this guy was ranked below Rin Tin Tin as candidate.

Dr Chia Shi Lu, MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC said: "The opposition, like the government, has to show the people that they have a right to be in Parliament. The time for rhetoric is now over and it remains to be seen what issues they will raise and if they have any solutions."

- http://news.insing.com/news/mps-weigh-in-on-upcoming-parliamentary-session/id-fdce3e00?nav=50100

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
They get paid millions and he wants opposition to offer them solutions.
Oppositons should charge them millions for any of their solutions adopted by the PAP government.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LAST-MINUTE MP TALK BIG SHIT TO NON-PAP MPs - this guy was ranked below Rin Tin Tin as candidate.

Dr Chia Shi Lu, MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC said: "The opposition, like the government, has to show the people that they have a right to be in Parliament. The time for rhetoric is now over and it remains to be seen what issues they will raise and if they have any solutions."

- http://news.insing.com/news/mps-weigh-in-on-upcoming-parliamentary-session/id-fdce3e00?nav=50100

This guy is even more clueless than Tin Pei Ling. The MPs whether opposition or ruling have earned their rights in Parliament through election by voters. It's only his own Tanjong Pagar that remains questionable through walkover.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha dont be too hard on him la, for all we know, all this may come from central copy writers pool la

then they draw lot to see whose mouth they want to stuff it in

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Chia Shi Lu, MP for Tanjong Pagar GRC said: "The opposition, like the government, has to show the people that they have a right to be in Parliament.

He's like a reserve football player who came on the pitch in the last minute while his team are comfortably leading 5 nil in a World Cup final.. When the final whistle is being blown by the ref, this shameless reserve team player celebrated with the rest of his team mates like as if he had been playing the full 90 mins of the match.. Then when the team captain raised aloft the World Cup trophy, this reserve prick too basked in the limelight shamelessly not realising that he had not contributed anything during his team's triumph...Chia Shi Lu got tthe potential to become the next PAP clown..

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You all know what? This is another princeling, who by luck and through personal ambition and greed managed to join the rank. All of these "people's servants" voted in through sheer trickery and gerrymandering and using the political machinery at their disposal after 50 years of rule, has the bloody audacity to blow their trumpet and behave as though they won the right to rule Singaporeans.

They take it as their right to earn millions, pretend to show concern for the common people but their behaviour and the manner they speak to us as though they are god's gift to Singapore. When the present president has the cheek to take his oath as the new president when he has a majority of 1% over his opponent, all should take heed as to what kind of men we have as "leaders." They do not have any moral standing nor pride in what they have done, as we all know what will happen should there be another re-election. He will be toast as it is very evident that the citizens are not happy with the results. We have a few idiotic men who screwed the entire EP for us and I hope the next round these idiots will just stay away.

There are many old and new MPs that should not be there because they are not worthy, period. To listen to some of these clowns mouthing nonsensical statements shows how far downhill we will be led in the near future. Give me more CSMs, Sylvia Lims and LTKs anytime, and I am more confident of Singapore's future. The princelings from which the PAP had managed to get are the worst lot since the old guards retired. I sincerely hope their end is near and come 2016 a major change will happen when we see the last of these clowns.:mad:

potato29

Alfrescian
Loyal
gong lan jiao wei, just ask those living in hougang and aljunied how often they get to see their mp. me living in forbidden city, except during erection, i do not get to see the emperor at all

i saw all 4 of them last mth walkabout at bedok leh. u shld get out more often.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most disgusting thing about this oh-so-modest Doctor "MP" is that he has not even uttered his first word in parliament, has not demonstrated what he has done in the past 5 months (Indranee has been grabbing the headlines) and go round strutting around parliament like he is some old timer. That the NTUC fella who stepped down at the last minute and Rin Tin Tin was ahead of him in the candidate pecking order speaks volumes - and Dr Chia ShiT thinks he is some big ShiT.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. just another load of crap from a daft sheep which gained entry via the rear thing.
2. nothing more than some mouthpiece for its masters.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to see this idiot walk the talk.

Someone should keep this for the next election and throw it in his face. Ask him to fight in a single ward and not hide under someone's else pant.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let us all read the statements of these MPs in a positive way, for if they (elected and un-elected (walkover cases) truly meant what they say, then we are on the right path to a better Singapore.
Indranee is thanked for saying, "We have to work together as a team. That has always been a Singapore trait and we must keep that. But now, how dialogue takes place, how the government handles feedback, how reactive the government should be... it must be a participative process."
She is very right in saying that how the government handles feedback and how reactive it will be must be the way it goes forward in order to pave the way for our Nation to progress and for its citizens to have a better life. I further agree that the way to approach this is through a participative manner. Definitely not a confrontational one.
She further went on to say, "Singaporeans appreciate good and efficient government. What they don't wish to have is a government that talks down to the people,".
A very valuable statement indeed. In my opinion, no right-minded citizen will ever tolerate a government "that talks down to the people". That could be the past. We are now in the 21st century. Totalitarian regimes have crumbled and their reputation rotting till today. Look no further within ASEAN and you will see for yourself. Marcos, Suharto are good examples. Those that still believe "in talking down to the people", be aware as in a matter of time, they would be consigned to the dustbin of history by the sheer might of the ballot-box.
This is not the 50's and 60s, when there was civil strife, racial tensions and gangsterism.That has been the past. Thankfully, the police force of that period handled the situation well and at a cost of many lives lost. So too were the likes of Messrs Lim Ban Lim, Lau Ngut Fong, Morgan and Or Kim Kee. They were all finally eliminated.
The people and those unsung uniformed personnels brought the Singapore of that period into an era of law and order. It was a collective effort of the people and the government agencies.
Mr Desmond Lee said: "My hope as a rookie MP looking at the future of Singapore is that all MPs regardless of which parties they come from, put the interest of Singapore and Singaporeans in front and centre of anything they say and do."
I admire his statement and candid admission of calling himself a "rookie" MP and his calls to fellow MPs (both opposition and proposition) to put first and foremost put theinterests of the Nation and its citizens at the fore. Kudos to you Desmond Lee. I certainly hope you will live up to our expectations.
Indeed good words from a new-bie MP who was last minute brought into Tanjong Pagar GRC, where there was a walk-over. Keep it up, Dr Chia
Ms Sylvia Lim of the Workers Party said,: "We intend to continue to be constructive in our approach. The people have voted for us to speak up for them and we will confront the government when we have to."
Sylvia Lim further said, "At the same time, when the government has an agenda which benefits people and is in (the people's) interest, we are prepared to support that".
Very correct and gentlemanly statement from someone who fought hard as a team, went through a "baptism of fire" thereby gaining the respect of the constituents and other Singaporeans who wanted a change. Indeed very intelligent statement a very humble person.
Every member of the august Parliament, should support policies that benefit the people. This is how a real, democratic system functions.
Never allow any room for personal vendetta in your hearts.
Lets see how the elected members function. 2016 is just about 1850 days down the road.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let us all read the statements of these MPs in a positive way, for if they (elected and un-elected (walkover cases) truly meant what they say, then we are on the right path to a better Singapore.
Indranee is thanked for saying, "We have to work together as a team. That has always been a Singapore trait and we must keep that. But now, how dialogue takes place, how the government handles feedback, how reactive the government should be... it must be a participative process."
She is very right in saying that how the government handles feedback and how reactive it will be must be the way it goes forward in order to pave the way for our Nation to progress and for its citizens to have a better life. I further agree that the way to approach this is through a participative manner. Definitely not a confrontational one.
She further went on to say, "Singaporeans appreciate good and efficient government. What they don't wish to have is a government that talks down to the people,".
A very valuable statement indeed. In my opinion, no right-minded citizen will ever tolerate a government "that talks down to the people". That could be the past. We are now in the 21st century. Totalitarian regimes have crumbled and their reputation rotting till today. Look no further within ASEAN and you will see for yourself. Marcos, Suharto are good examples. Those that still believe "in talking down to the people", be aware as in a matter of time, they would be consigned to the dustbin of history by the sheer might of the ballot-box.
This is not the 50's and 60s, when there was civil strife, racial tensions and gangsterism.That has been the past. Thankfully, the police force of that period handled the situation well and at a cost of many lives lost. So too were the likes of Messrs Lim Ban Lim, Lau Ngut Fong, Morgan and Or Kim Kee. They were all finally eliminated.
The people and those unsung uniformed personnels brought the Singapore of that period into an era of law and order. It was a collective effort of the people and the government agencies.
Mr Desmond Lee said: "My hope as a rookie MP looking at the future of Singapore is that all MPs regardless of which parties they come from, put the interest of Singapore and Singaporeans in front and centre of anything they say and do."
I admire his statement and candid admission of calling himself a "rookie" MP and his calls to fellow MPs (both opposition and proposition) to put first and foremost put theinterests of the Nation and its citizens at the fore. Kudos to you Desmond Lee. I certainly hope you will live up to our expectations.
Indeed good words from a new-bie MP who was last minute brought into Tanjong Pagar GRC, where there was a walk-over. Keep it up, Dr Chia
Ms Sylvia Lim of the Workers Party said,: "We intend to continue to be constructive in our approach. The people have voted for us to speak up for them and we will confront the government when we have to."
Sylvia Lim further said, "At the same time, when the government has an agenda which benefits people and is in (the people's) interest, we are prepared to support that".
Very correct and gentlemanly statement from someone who fought hard as a team, went through a "baptism of fire" thereby gaining the respect of the constituents and other Singaporeans who wanted a change. Indeed very intelligent statement a very humble person.
Every member of the august Parliament, should support policies that benefit the people. This is how a real, democratic system functions.
Never allow any room for personal vendetta in your hearts.
Lets see how the elected members function. 2016 is just about 1850 days down the road.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This backdoor entrant should have said, "The government MPs, like the Opposition MPs here, has to show the people that they have a right to be in Parliament. The time for rhetoric is now over and it remains to be seen what issues they will raise and if they have any solutions."

Let us all read the statements of these MPs in a positive way,