• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Don't rojak Politics and Religion...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A CLEAR line must be maintained between politics and religion in Singapore, or the country risks a breakdown in social harmony, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean on Monday.

While individuals are free to exercise their political rights, religious organisations cannot cross into politics and vice versa, he said.

He was responding in Parliament to questions from Nominated Members of Parliament Laurence Lien and Eugene Tan on the Government's stance on keeping religion and politics separate.

DPM Teo noted that there are many examples of countries where religious differences have caused deep social divides and conflict.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are Politics and Religion inseparable? If two hard heads go for each other, it is going to be a catastrophe.

I think religious conflicts are worse than political differences. What do you think?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Archbishop Nicholas Chia’s decision to withdraw a letter he had sent earlier to an anti-ISA civil society group was “consistent” with his position on racial harmony, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean on Monday.

Speaking in Parliament on the matter, which was in the news after Mr Alex Au blogged about it, Mr Teo confirmed that he met the Catholic Archbishop on May 30th, prior to the latter’s withdrawal of the letter.

Such meetings are not uncommon, Mr Teo said, as he meets religious leaders regularly to discuss important issues behind closed doors.

Mr Teo said at that meeting, the archbishop told him the church maintained its stand of not getting involved in political activities.

It also emerged that Archbishop Chia had meant the letter to the group, Funtion 8, to be a private one and he decided to withdraw it as on reflection, he felt it did not accurately reflect his views and if used in a manner he did not intend, would inadvertently harm social harmony.

Mr Teo said the archbishop has consistently shown he values religious harmony, and his decision to withdraw the letter was in line with his past words and deeds.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is a good example of the harmony which the world is looking for. We have very enlightened leaders in all fields.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"chicken backside" nose!...is praying to a different 'god'...he can't truthfully, on God's principle, defend his flock...if he can't support what the group asked him, should have declined in the first place...but these people bend where the wind blows..and bend to a different 'god'!

Should have stated his stand CLEARLY to the people requesting his patronage...

Television

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP, Its Institutions and Cronies are a bunch of hypocrites.

They have at many times got involved in the Practice of religion, They have also dictated others with their religion many times over,(Catholic/Christianity is on the rise in Singapore and many Members of Parliament are now "Born again".(One example, Remember the Halloween party @ Night safari that got shut down just because it went against the believe of a certain individual and his Religion?). Couple years back, An Australian gentleman who once lived in Singapore for a couple of decades told me this, "Singapore is Controlled by Religion Zealots, and they are Christians. (Side note, I have no problem with Christians or any Religion)

If we talk about Religion & Politics, We got to bring Race into the picture as well, We cannot, Not notice the Divide & Rule game the government is playing, We cannot look away and say the government does not practice subtle racism and Discrimination. SAF, HDB Racial Quota, Racial Preference with Immigration etc. The country Rulers are a bunch of jokers & hypocrites.

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP, Its Institutions and Cronies are a bunch of hypocrites.

They have at many times got involved in the Practice of religion, They have also dictated others with their religion many times over,(Catholic/Christianity is on the rise in Singapore and many Members of Parliament are now "Born again".(One example, Remember the Halloween party @ Night safari that got shut down just because it went against the believe of a certain individual and his Religion?). Couple years back, An Australian gentleman who once lived in Singapore for a couple of decades told me this, "Singapore is Controlled by Religion Zealots, and they are Christians. (Side note, I have no problem with Christians or any Religion)

If we talk about Religion & Politics, We got to bring Race into the picture as well, We cannot, Not notice the Divide & Rule game the government is playing, We cannot look away and say the government does not practice subtle racism and Discrimination. SAF, HDB Racial Quota, Racial Preference with Immigration etc. The country Rulers are a bunch of jokers & hypocrites.

All politicians are hypocrites...they have no religion!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I always believe Politicians are not to be trusted - they can sway with the wind and go with the flow. That's why they are Politicians - the group of people that will do anything to keep their power.

And this is very dangerous. They will never tolerate any form of opposition. Either he dies or you die.There is no middle way. You enter the political arena at your own risk. Be prepared for all sorts of things - high, low, low-down, vulgar, profane, obscene...anything!

That's why I admire those people who enter Politics.They have guts!!! They have the fire in their belly!! They dare to bare all!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I thought it was a mistake to announce to the world that you paid only $8 for a major surgery in Singapore. It was one big big political mistake. But well....

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Imagine organising a Charity soccer game of BLacks vs Whites, or MusLims' vs Christians ?..:eek:

Very interesting indeed. Sometimes it works. But when things turn bad, it will be very ugly! Even the spectators will join in!!!
I love THE BLACKS!!!